View Full Version : PREDICTIONS: Make Three BOLD Non-Cowboys Predictions for the 2011 season!
09-07-2011, 07:13 PM
It is that time of the year again. Just like last season, I thought it would be fun for everyone to make three Bold predictions for the upcoming 2011/2012 season. Unlike last season, I will make it a point to re-sticky this season's predictions right after the Super Bowl in 2012.
There are a few guidelines to these predictions so please read them before posting yours!
*** Any posts that violate these rules will be deleted or edited! ***
Your predictions must be bold, meaning not something a significant number of people expect. For example saying "the Saints will make it to the Super Bowl" is not a bold prediction, but saying "the Lions will make it to the Super Bowl" would be.
Do not make any predictions related to the Cowboys or the team's players in this thread. Predictions need to be about other NFL teams and their players.
Do not make more than one post in this thread. This is not a discussion thread! It is a prediction thread.
Do not make more than 3 predictions! You can make less predictions if you like but do not make more than 3 and that includes trying to get around this by combining predictions.
We will lock this thread soon and then after the season is over, we will re-sticky it to see which predictions panned out.
09-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Reality's placeholder ..
09-07-2011, 07:49 PM
1.The Cleveland Browns will win 9 games. Surprise team.
2.The N.Y. Giants will win 7 games. Disappointing team.
3. Jack Del Rio will be let go during the season.
09-07-2011, 08:05 PM
1. Del Rio will be fired before Week 10
2. Texans will be top 2 team in AFC
3. Favre shall return
09-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Steelers will finish 8-8 or below.
Texans will make the playoffs AND win a playoff game.
Eagles will miss the playoffs, as their bought team will underachieve, as Vick will not look as good as the NFL pundits / mediots hope he does for their bragging rights over love FAVREatism replacement will kill them and they will not know whom to betow their media love upon.
09-07-2011, 08:10 PM
1. Peyton Manning will not take a single snap for the Indianapolis Colts this season.
2. The Colts still win the AFC South.
3. The Philadelphia Eagles battle the Giants for 3rd place in the NFC East.
09-07-2011, 08:20 PM
1) Vick doesn't start 16 games
2) The Houston Texans make the playoffs for the first time ever
3) Dalton has a promising season for Cinci
09-07-2011, 08:35 PM
1) Pats finish 3rd in their division.
2) Colt McCoy is a top 10 QB as measured by QB rating
3) Another Rex Ryan video leaks, causing mass vomiting.
09-07-2011, 08:40 PM
1 Julius Jones will have a dominant week where he goes for about 200 and 3 TDs and tons of ESPN time.
2 Matt Stafford will make the probowl.
3 The Rams will make the 2nd round of the playoffs.
09-07-2011, 08:40 PM
1. The Rams will win their division.
2. The Packers will fail to make the playoffs.
3. The eagles will fail to make the playoffs.
09-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Dominique Rogers Cromartie will be cut by the end of the year
Tyron Smith will win rookie of the year
Eagles do not make the playoffs
09-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Popular Super Bowl pick Philadelphia regresses from last year's 11-5 record.
Neither of the week 1 starters at WR for Washington will start week 17.
Mark Sanchez at least triples last year's INT total - Jets finish .500 or below.
09-07-2011, 09:09 PM
1. The winner of the Jets & Cowboys week one game will be in the super bowl.
2. The loser of the Jets & Cowboys week one game will be in the super bowl.
3. I will be considered amongst my CZ brethren as the greatest bold statement poster of all time............:D
09-07-2011, 09:36 PM
1. The Chiefs will have a losing record.
2. Amendola will catch 100+ passes and CZ will explode.
3. Von Miller will lead the AFC in sacks as a rookie.
09-07-2011, 09:37 PM
1. The Lions will make the playoffs.
2. The Colts will not.
3. Mark Ingram wins Rookie of the Year.
09-07-2011, 09:58 PM
1) The Raiders make the playoffs, along with the Browns, who win both win their division.
2) The Lions and Buccaneers make the playoffs, who both win THEIR divisions.
3) Patrick Peterson goes just 1 shy of tying the NFL record of interceptions in a season with 13 and wins ROTY.
09-07-2011, 11:01 PM
1. Lions make the playoffs and the Bears do not.
2. An NFL owner will pass away during this season.
3. Peyton Manning will start more games than Michael Vick will.
1. San Diego goes 13-3 and goes the the SB but loses. Norv Turner is coach of the year.
2. Detroit is a 9-7 wildcard team.
3. Tampa regresses to 6-10.
09-07-2011, 11:22 PM
1. Manning plays the majority of the season and takes the Colts to the playoffs.
2. Packers go to the Superbowl and lose.
3. Giants win less than 5 games.
09-08-2011, 01:49 AM
1. Redskins will be much improved (one of the top rushing teams). Battle for a playoff spot.
2. Steelers will have a losing record (Super Bowl hangover).
3. Both Manning brothers will end up on IR (Giants O-line looks terrible).
09-08-2011, 02:17 AM
1. Lions win the NFC North
2. Tamba Bay wins the NFC South
3. The Pittsburgh Steelers do not make the playoffs.
09-08-2011, 03:18 AM
hi there, I'm the owner of ChiefsPlanet.. over at our site we are using a site ( http://www.statstick.com ) to track our NFL predictions. It pretty much tracks whatever you can possibly predict about the NFL and it's free, has no ads and doesn't promote any products, etc etc.
What we did was create a group for the site and posted the pass code in our prediction threads so that our users could join up and we could all easily see what everyone predicted in one spot.
Just a friendly suggestion for an easier way to make and track your predictions.
Even though we don't play each other this year... if you guys want to set up some friendly inter-forum rivalry, let me know and we can get something going.
I just think it'd be cool if all the major forums out there had a way to interact besides the usual trolling and smack talk.
btw, good luck this year (even if you aren't the original Dallas team :D)
1. Jack Del Rio and Tony Sparano will be fired mid-season.
2. Cincinnati Bengals win only 1 game the whole year (was tempted to say 0-16). Marvin Lewis keeps his job.
3. Phillip Rivers throws for 5,000 yards and 40+ TDs.
09-08-2011, 06:31 AM
1. Ndamukong Suh will be fined in excess of $25,000 for dirty play.
2. Michael Vick will not play more than 13 games.
3. Josh Freeman in Tampa will be a finalist for NFC MVP.
09-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Lions win 1 playoff game.
Texans win 1 playoff game.
Phillip Rivera breaks Marino's passing yds record.
09-08-2011, 06:47 AM
lions make the playoffs
skins finish above eagles and giants
niners win a playoff game
Sam I Am
09-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Rams win 10 games
Ram beat the Eagles this week.
Eagles lose Vicky to injury this year because they spent money every where except oline.
09-08-2011, 07:11 AM
The Bills finish at .500 or better.
Rams make the playoffs.
Texans will somehow screw up their season with the division already gift wrapped.
09-08-2011, 08:16 AM
1) The Bucs will win their division and Josh Freeman will be a top 5 QB by qb rating
2) Matt Moore will be starting quarterback for the dolphins by week 5.
3) Vikings are going to dominate their division.
09-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Aaron Rodgers will not make the Pro Bowl.
Eli Manning will rank in bottom 10 QBs statistically.
Kerry Collins is comeback player of the year.
09-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Tiki Barker leads the league in rushing
Alex Smith for MVP
Troy Polamalu plays his assignments
09-08-2011, 02:22 PM
The Jags will be better than the texans
Cam Newtown will get Carolina to 7-9
Vick will struggle terribly now that the league has caught up with him!
09-08-2011, 02:35 PM
(1)Tampa RB LeGarrette Blount runs away with the Rushing Title
(2)Phillip Rivers throws for over 5100 yards to become only the 3rd QB to accomplish 5000+ passing yards in a season and break Dan Marino's record of 5084 set back in 1984
(3)For the 2nd year in a row a team with a sub .500 winning % will make the playoff's.
09-08-2011, 04:04 PM
1. Vick gets benched this season.
2. Rex Ryan and Norv Turner gets fired after this season.
3. Bret Favre joins a team this year.
Romo 2 Austin
09-08-2011, 05:10 PM
1. Brandon $$$$$ Lloyd will remain a top 5 WR, statistically.
2. Ray Rice will end the season the as the #1 total yardage from scrimmage player.
3. Marcel Dareus will be the Defensive rookie of the year.
09-08-2011, 05:23 PM
1. The Texans miss the playoffs again even though the deck is stacked in their favor.
2. Green Bay fails to make the playoffs.
3. The Rams win the NFC West. Okay, that isn't so bold. Somebody has to win that division.
09-08-2011, 05:59 PM
1. Chris Johnson gets injured and misses the 1,000 yard mark.
2. To offset Peyton Manning's injury and save the season, the Colts make a blockbuster trade by the deadline.
3. By midseason, the mediots are talking about how the Vikings are poised to win the NFC North.
09-08-2011, 06:52 PM
The Lions and Texans will both make the playoffs.
The 49ers will win the NFC West.
09-08-2011, 07:23 PM
1. Houston wins their division and one playoff game.
2. Atlanta loses to Dallas in the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP! game.
3. During his bye week Michael Vick goes hunting with the Dog Whisperer and inexplicably vanishes. Despite a tireless and valiant search and rescue effort, he is never found.
09-08-2011, 09:51 PM
1) Al Davis will retire at the end of the season.
2) Packers won't make the playoffs.
3) Albert Haynesworth will have an all-pro year.
vBulletin® v3.6.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.