Originally Posted by Wr3ckin_Cr3w
so he didnt do good at minicamp means his career is over?
My thoughts exactly. I wonder if he would be saying that if we had taken Quinn. "Oh, it's too early to make any judgements". Which is exactly what he should be saying now.
I live in NE Ohio, & know the situation pretty well. Sure, the rookie QB got off to a slow start. How many haven't? Let's take a look at his situation:
- The Browns gave up a second & next year's first to get him, so he may be feeling just a bit of pressure.
- He's a rookie getting used to the speed of the NFL-like every other rookie.
- He realized after the first camp that he doesn't have nearly the window of opportunity to make the decision & get the ball to his receiver before the window closes as he did in college.
- Each proceeding camp, he's improved, and is working hard to learn the play book.
- Every other QB is learning the play book, since the Browns have a new OC, so they probably don't have nearly the time to answer his rookie questions as they will once TC starts for real.
Oh, did I mention that Quinn is a rookie, and like every other rookie who EVER played in the NFL, he doesn't know poop from apple butter right now.
With a very much improved offensive line, some excellent receivers to throw to, and a refreshed Jamal Lewis to hand the ball to, I think Quinn will be ready to take over the team in 2008.