day one thoughts on us and others
1) we'll all be anxious to really see DeMarcus Ware do it on the field, but as I told Hos if Parcells isnt senile and Ware REALLY "reminds him" of LT, the guy was a great pick...we havent been able to corral QB's for years and this guy was the drafts most explosive edge rush guy
2) how lucky can one get part III...Jason Witten should have been our pick in rd 2 of 2003, he falls in our laps in the 3rd rd...we pass of Kevin Jones, Steven Jackson and Chris Perry in rd one last yr, try to trade up for KJ unsuccesfully and then have Denver nab Tatum Bell one pick before we land the best RB in last yrs draft (JuJo)...this yr we have Marcus Spears as a legit consideration at 11, try to trade up for him from 20 and then have him fall in our laps at 20
3) Kevin Burnett...people outside the SEC probably dont know much about him but this kid is a a really good football player
We have the ingredients now to be a very very good defensive team...if Mike Zimmer cant make this work he needs to be "Old Yeller-ed" ASAP
Still alot of good players there for day two...I am really hoping we land Sproles or Fason with our 1st pick, though I suspect both will be gone...pretty good OL selection still left as well...
1) Mike Shanahan is a terrible, terrible GM....that was just a horrendous draft yesterday in addition to all the poor free agent moves they made
2) The more I watched of Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers, the move convinced I was I was right...these guys both have bust written all over them
3) Jacksonville...Matt Jones....lol
4) Stupid trades of the day...New Orleans moving up 3 for Jamal Brown, Oakland moving up 3 and leap frogging two teams everyone knew were taking QB's to take a CB
Teams I thought did well (in no order)
us obviously...we got a little lucky with Spears at 20....
Arizona, Giants (for not having a 1st rd pick they landed two big school talents) Tampa, Bengals and Baltimore, if for no other reason in that you knew they were just begging to get Clayton and Miami
teams that just dont get it:
Denver is annually now one of the worst drafting teams, and yesterday was pathetic...Buffalo...Tom Donahoe is vastly overrated...Houston...Travis Johnson at 16? Morency? How many RB's do they need? Colts...Kevin Hayden in rd 2? The Kentucky kid in rd 3? Green Bay...just horrible IMO...The Rams...Seattle and Washington