A Super Early 2013 Mock
This is just for fun. I realize that rankings and team needs will most likely change drastically between now and draft day, this is just for names to look at as the season starts.
1. Barrett Jones OL Alabama 6'4" 305lbs- 3rd team All-American RG in 2010, Outland Trophy/ Consensus All-American LT in 2011, and will be playing C this year.
2. John Jenkins NT Georgia 6'3" 358lbs- He has the size and strength to dominate the middle of the line, and has experience in the 3-4 at Georgia. He moves very well for a man his size, racking up 6 TFL, 3 sacks, and 10 QB hurries in 14 games last year.
3. Dion Jordan OLB Oregon 6'6" 246lbs- Recruited to Oregon as a TE, Jordan has made the switch to the defensive side of the ball. He has experience lining up in coverage, and has the raw athletic ability to be an explosive pass rusher. Will need to get stronger.
4. Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska 5'11" 210- Local boy from Plano High School, I think he could be a perfect backup for Murray. He's a tough as nails throwback type player that is capable of catching the ball out of the backfield as well.
5. Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan 6'7" 305lbs- Parnell needs to be challenged. Fisher can play LT, RT, and RG. He's a good athlete but still raw.
6. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA 6'7" 252lbs- Nephew of Christian Fauria, he has only started 9 games in his career but has shown flashes of what could be. With time he could step up behind Witten.
7. Ray Ray Armstrong S Faulkner College- He has taken a long fall from grace, but his problems were related to improper benefit not drugs or violence. He could be worth the risk if he's still around here.
Rankings are loosely based off current rankings from CBSSports.com, anyone have any comments?