Should we trade back to gain picks in 2013 Draft?
Should we stand pat with our six picks in 2013 draft or trade back to gain picks? A few scenarios are listed below.
Teams with 7-9 records last year picked 11th and 12th in this year's draft.Teams with 8-8 records drafted 13th- 19th. So I selected 14th as our draft position for next year. Shouldn't be to far off, 1 or 2 places.
Scenarios: All figured off Draft Pick Value Chart
1. Stand pat with our 6 picks.
2. After first trade stay with our 1st and 2 2nd round picks
3. Take 14th pick plus 3rd round pick and trade back for 18th pick plus 2nd round pick. We now have 2 2nd round picks and no 3rd round pick.
In this scenario we go ahead and pick at 18th.
We can then take the 2 2nd round picks, if we like, and their value could get us back in at the 20th pick. Overall we get the 18th and 20th pick but no longer have a 2nd or 3rd.
4. Take 14th pick and trade back for 23rd pick plus 2nd round pick. We now have 2 2nd round picks and retain our 3rd round pick.
In this scenario we go ahead and pick at 23rd.
We can then take the 2 2nd round picks, if we like, and their value could get us back in at the 21st pick. Overall we get the 21st and 23rd pick and no longer have a 2nd round pick. We do have a third round pick
5. Something along the lines of Scenario #3 to some extent. 14th traded for 18th pick and then we select at the 18th pick. The change is we trade the 2 2nd round picks back to 26th for a 1st and 3rd round picks. We regain our 3rd round pick and still select 2 1st round picks--18th & 26th. We no longer have a second but do regain our 3rd.
Of course all the above would depend on getting teams to work with us, which I believe is very possible.
Your thoughts on these scenarios or others you might recommend.