Today is the day we've all been waiting for! We get to open the biggest present under the tree in about 14 hours. Here are my current, and almost final thoughts...
- I have no idea what's going to happen, and have truthfully resigned myself to the fact that whoever we take is going to be a solid option that I'm neither in love with or hate. I can find pros and cons to every possible scenario (other than Cox/Barron sliding to 14- no cons there). I'm at a mental state where I don't feel like I'll be too upset no matter what happens, and that's never a bad thing
- If I had a gun to my head and had to make a prediction I'd say we sit tight and the pick is Michael Brockers. And that wouldn't upset me at all. We need a beast on the DL, and he fits that description. Raw as the reddest of meats, but a whole heck of a lot to work with, and if his first year path goes similar to Tyron's then he's going to be our 2nd best DL by mid season. The sky is the limit for him and I love his length, strength, and on-field character.
Here is my Big Board, by the way...
1) Andrew Luck Stanford
2) Robert Griffin III Baylor
3) Morris Claiborne LSU
4) Trent Richardson Alabama
5) Fletcher Cox Mississippi State
6) Mark Barron Alabama
7) Michael Brockers LSU
8) David DeCastro Stanford
9) Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State
10) Matt Kalil USC
11) Melvin Ingram South Carolina
12) Stephon Gilmore South Carolina
13) Dont'a Hightower Alabama
14) Luke Kuechly Boston College
15) Dontari Poe Memphis
16) Shea McClellin Boise State
17) Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama
18) Cordy Glenn Georgia
19) Andre Branch Clemson
20) Whitney Mercilus Illinois
Just a small sample (I did the top 100). Critique all you'd like. This is my actual and strict board, meaning I want us to take whoever is the highest player available, no questions asked. Hope everyone is as excited as I am.