Thoughts on NFL Week 2 (2012)
- Jay Cutler needs to stay away from a camera. He doesn’t photograph very well.
- He also needs to learn what kids learn in kindergarten: keep your hands to yourself.
- If Cedric Benson can give the Packers a running game, Green Bay could be very dangerous down the stretch.
- Freddie Jackson may not get his starting job back from C.J. Spiller.
- Romeo, oh, Romeo, where is art thou coaching skills, Romeo?
- The Seahawks are in good hands with Russell Wilson.
- The Cowboys must have thought beating the Giants was their Super Bowl.
- The Cowboys need to invest in Charmin toilet tissue, because they’re soft.
- Can Dez Bryant pull up his pants, please?
- Dallas needs to invest in the offensive line heavily during the 2013 NFL draft.
- Golden Tate’s wallet will be a little lighter this week, but that was a hellacious block on Sean Lee.
- The refs threw the wrong flag on the wrong player. I mean, you flag Bruce Carter for an out-of-bounds love tap and miss Tate’s illegal crack-back block on Lee.
- Don’t know if it would have made much difference, but the Jets could have used Darrell Revis.
- Antonio Cromartie needs to focus less on being a referee and more on defending Wallace in the end zone.
- Has anyone seen Chris Johnson lately?
- Jake Locker could have used more seasoning on the bench.
- Who needs Antonio Gates anymore? Not Phillip Rivers.
- All good things must come to an end, including the Patriots opening game at home winning streak.
- The Patriots eliminated many players of Survivor games.
- Well, we know Stephen Gostkowski is no Adam Vinatieri in the clutch.
- Cardinals RB Ryan Williams saved from goat of the week nominations by Gostkowski’s miss.
- The Rob Gronkowski holding call could have been a no-call as far as I’m concerned.
- The Pats two-tight end offense suffers a huge blow with Aaron Hernandez’s injury.
- Fantasy owners are scrambling to acquire the Cardinals defense.
- Al Davis still influencing the Raiders from the grave.
- This team may be forever cursed with mediocrity or worse.
- The Raiders have plenty of speed. They just don’t know how to use it.
- Reggie Bush was just burning Oakland defenders all day long. Get it? Burning Bush.
- Big Ben is just hard to bring down.
- Houston has a nice one-two punch in Arian Foster and Ben Tate.
- You can’t tell me Gabbert’s TD pass to Maurice Jones-Drew wasn’t a Hail Mary-type throw.
- Never, ever count Eli Manning out.
- Cruz rediscovers his salsa moves.
- With his nicks healed, Hakeem Nicks did pretty good himself.
- Memo to Tom Coughlin: Quit your belly-aching.
- Paraphrasing the immortal words of Herman Edwards: You play to end the game!
- The Bucs may be a team to reckon with.
- Trent Richardson shows why he was a high draft pick.
- Brandon Weeden didn’t look all that bad.
- Andy Dalton rediscovers A.J. Green, and just in time.
- Danny Amendola, the Ram’s Wes Welker.
- London Fletcher is a beast of a little man.
- Redskins Josh Morgan, candidate for anger management classes.
- Might be a candidate for a pink slip.
- He lost, but RGIII still doesn’t look like a rookie.
- Yep, the Saints need Sean Payton.
- Cam Newton found his Superman moxie.
- Just when you were ready to put your trust in Joe Flacco …
- Not very often Ed Reed becomes the Oh! In Olay.
- Vick’s been in the giving mood and it aint even Christmas yet.
- Ravens thought they had the game in hand. Opps.
- It appears Alex Smith has come of age.
- The 49ers have the look of a team that will just steam roll into the Super Bowl.
- Just when you thought the replacement refs were doing okay.
1. San Francisco 49ers – Their defense is scary. Their offense aint that bad either.
2. Philadelphia Eagles – Yes, Vick is a turnover machine, but they’re still winning.
3. Atlanta Falcons – Denver is a pretty good team so they go ahead of the …
4. Houston Texans – Who beat a rookie QB in Miami and a hapless Jacksonville team.
5. Arizona Cardinals – Beating the Patriots was huge. More impressive than Chargers’ win over the Raiders and Titans.
28. Cleveland Browns – They have some fight in them but are just too young.
29. Minnesota Vikings – I cut them slack because there’s not much to Ponder.
30. Oakland Raiders – They haven’t been relevant since Alf went off the air.
31. Kansas City – Romeo won’t last the season at this rate.
32. Tennessee Titans – This team is dog food.
All additions, comments, clarifications and corrections are welcomed.
"Jason Garrett will have the Cowboys in the NFC Championship Game within three years." - Tyke1doe, August 19, 2011