- It looks as though the cornerback class for next April’s draft will receive an injection of much needed talent from the ranks of the underclassmen. Sources have told me Xavier Rhodes of Florida State will enter the draft and Ryan Logan of Rutgers is heavily leaning towards opting for the draft after the season.
- The situation at the running back position is a little murkier. Scouts have not been thrilled with the performance of the top rated ball carriers this season. We hear Marcus Lattimore of South Carolina is expected to enter the draft but scouts consider him a mid-to-late first rounder at best.
- The two names that can change the dynamic of the position include Giovani Bernard of North Carolina and Jawan Jamison of Rutgers. Several people we spoke with think highly of Bernard, with one trusted source claiming he could be the first back selected if he enters the draft. We’ve likened his game to that of Kendall Hunter with a little Curtis Martin while other comparisons have been made to a faster version of Thurman Thomas. We’ve heard nothing as to whether he will opt for the draft at this point but from an outside perspective, its quite likely. As far as Jamison, his game is so much like that of former Rutgers star Ray Rice its scary. We were told weeks ago there’s a real chance Jamison would enter the draft and his decision will be based on how he finishes out the season.
- Getting back to Florida State we hear junior defensive end Bjoern Werner had been speaking with agents entering the season but his concentration lately has been on the football field.
- One of the most interesting situations coming out of Tallahassee is the decision Brandon Jenkins must make.