Originally Posted by tomson75
I'm sorry, but if we draft Nelson, I'll puke. If we go safety, the guy better have ALL of the tangibles needed to exceed there in the NFL. Don't get me wrong, I like Nelson, just not for us. He's not fast enough. He looked downright slow at the combine...real slow. I'd rather have a guy like *gulp* Meriweather.
I'll take the trade down over Nelson and Ginn.
What happened to us being high on Meachem?
I'm simply passing along Matt Mosley's take.
He had a rather contentious departure from DMN and is working hard to get the Cowboy's draft angle covered. Obviously the DMN has a renowned draft guru in Goose on staff.
MY guys is Meachem.
Mosley is reporting Dallas loves Nelson and feels they can go WR in round 2.
My positions of need would go:
1. NT/DT -- pass rush type to spell Fergie.
2. WR -- prefer big guy with good hands and great route-running, speed desired but not required
3. MLB -- must be able to cover and read plays or need not apply
4. FS -- must be capable of man coverage, history as ballhawk or CB preferred.
5. CB -- ballhawk with great agility and quickness.
6. QB -- need 3rd Qb who cna be 2nd next season. early day 2 type would be perfect.
7. OL -- A big fatty to put on the PS would be nice. You can occasionally hit big on these guys.
But I still don't know what any team saw Thursday night that would have made them comfortable with waiting a round or two for the offensive lineman they wanted. ---Todd McShay
We just converted half our LB to DL. We have a 30m starting DL, it better be pretty friggin good.