Originally Posted by jterrell
I'm simply passing along Matt Mosley's take.
He had a rather contentious departure from DMN and is working hard to get the Cowboy's draft angle covered. Obviously the DMN has a renowned draft guru in Goose on staff.
MY guys is Meachem.
Mosley is reporting Dallas loves Nelson and feels they can go WR in round 2.
My positions of need would go:
1. NT/DT -- pass rush type to spell Fergie.
2. WR -- prefer big guy with good hands and great route-running, speed desired but not required
3. MLB -- must be able to cover and read plays or need not apply
4. FS -- must be capable of man coverage, history as ballhawk or CB preferred.
5. CB -- ballhawk with great agility and quickness.
6. QB -- need 3rd Qb who cna be 2nd next season. early day 2 type would be perfect.
7. OL -- A big fatty to put on the PS would be nice. You can occasionally hit big on these guys. [View Full Quote]8. OLB
So if Demarcus gets seriously hurt, then what?
You rely on a potential first year full time starter (Carpenter)?
You rely on an aging DE/OLB coming off of an Achilles Tendon rupture?
Phillips could get creative and move Akin to OLB but I'd rather not see it come to that. If a pass rusher is best available, you take him.
I hope Spencer, Woodley, Moses, or Johnson is within reach at some point in the early second. Even Wade's creativity in his 3-4 will be exposed without a pass rush.