I'll start by saying that I really like it.
Now we'll go pick by pick.
1. Robert Meachem - Fantastic pick at 22, on board with this 100%. Would also be fine with Dwayne Bowe. To me WR makes the most sense in Rd 1 and this is a perfect fit. Grade: A
2. Andy Alleman - This was really kind of a surprise to me as I didn't expect an OG this early at all. I'm not a huge fan of Alleman though, he's strong and athletic but he's just over 80% on his blocking success rate and he hasn't shown a whole lot of success with down field blocking. He's also prone to giving up sacks and QB pressures. Not a pick that I would be on board for. Grade: D
3. Brian Robinson - I think this is really a great pick, Robinson has a ton of athletic ability and while he hasn't been super productive he also hasn't been a slouch. But I think this is a little early for him and he'd be better in the 4th. Grade: B
4. Alan Barbre - Perfect pick, shows all the talent necessary to develop into a starter and grades out as highly as some of the first round prospects. I think we'd have to grab him in the 3rd though, and I think switching him and Robinson would make more sense. Grade: A
5. Usama Young - I like this pick. I think Young is underrated but he's definitely a project pick and may not develop into much more than a Nickle corner. Still with Glenn getting up in age and probably the first to go maybe thats the only role we need filled soon. Grade: B
6. Jeff Rowe - I'm kind of indifferent to this pick. I don't see it as a great pick and I don't see it as a bad pick. The question I would ask is this: does he have more potential than Matt Baker? If yes then sure, no problem spending a late round pick on him...if no, then go for someone else. Grade: C
6. Aaron Rouse - Not a pick that makes a ton of sense to me. He's more like an undersized LB than anything and I just don't see that fitting into our defensive scheme. He could be a backup to Roy I guess, but there's already Elam there. So this time the question is does Rouse have more potential than Elam? Grade: C
7. Laron Harris - Honestly don't know anything about him really, but sounds like a good pick to me. Grade: B
7. Anthony Arline - I would be very surprised if Arline lasted this long, but it's a pick I'd be fine with. Grade: B
Its a draft I would be fairly happy with but not overly thrilled with. The pick in the second round is what throws me off the most, I just don't really understand it. I don't think OG is a big need for us right now and I don't think that Alleman will be BPA at that point. Other than that I think it's a good mock though and with a change in the second round is something I would really be happy with. Some concerns: Nothing really done to address C, only late round prospects to help CB and DT. Great picks of Meachem, Barbre, Robinson and Young though.