1. Brandon Merriweather, S, Miami- He'll provide an instant impact on defense. Simply, a playmaker.
2. Arron Sears, OT/OG- Brings solid depth to the OL and could step in and play OG in 08' if Leonard Davis moves to LT.
3. Paul Soliai, NT, Utah- He's the true NT that Wade Phillips is looking for. Over 340 pounds is nothing you want to mess with. He has work ethic and stamina issues, but he'll only be spelling Ferguson for now which means he'll be fresh most of the time.
4. Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, U.T.E.P.- Underrated WR who can contribute as a return specialist as well.
5. Courtney Brown, CB, Cal Poly- I know Brown has been sliding up draft boards so he may not be here. But this is a mock draft so he will be there! Brown could be a second day steal for the Boys and would most likely replace Jacques Reeves for depth and could be a solid nickelback in due time.
6a. Le'Ron McClain, FB, Alabama- Jason Garrett loves those athletic fullbacks who can run and catch the football. McClain has tremendous hands out of the backfield and fits the bill perfectly.
6b. Jared Zabransky, QB, Boise St.- Makes poor decisions but other than that he has a lot of upside to be a solid backup for the Cowboys.
7a. Dustin Fry, G/C- He can be the man who backs up Gurode at center and has the ability to play guard as well.
7b. Walter Thomas, NT, NW Mississippi C.C.- Thomas is gigantic and is considered a project. However, he fits the bill of a NT perfectly at almost 6'5 and 374 pounds. Needs to lose some weight but with the right conditioning he could be a steal.
7c. Anthony Pudewell, TE, Nevada- You just have to continue the Parcells trend of drafting a TE, right? No, but seriously we have Witten and Fasano which is solid. However, we have nothing behind them. Brett Pierce's career is probably over and Ryan Hannam is coming off a serious knee injury as well. Pudewell could be a solid #3 TE whose specialty is blocking.