Some stuff that was going on in 1960.
- John F. Kennedy was elected President.
- Nikita Krushchev pounds his shoe on the table at the UN General Assembly.
- The US launches a trade embargo against Cuba.
- Ben Hur was the Movie of the Year at the Academy Awards.
- The Hollywood walk of fame got its first star. Anyone want to guess who it was?
- The Winter Olympics was held in Squaw Valley, California.
- The Summer Olympics was held in Rome, Italy. Cassius Clay, a.k.a. Muhammed Ali, wins the the heavyweight boxing gold medal.
- Elvis Presley's military duty in Germany ended.
- A Soviet Missile brings down a U2 spy plane and Gary Powers.
- "The Pill" gets approved as a means of birth control.
- The strongest earthquake in History rocks Chile. 9.5 on the Richter Scale.
- The first 50 star flag is introduced.
- A British rock group changed their name to The Beatles.
It all seems trivial in comparison to the birth of the Cowboys.