My last minute "book it, stamp it, send it, receive it, open it, take it to the bank" mock draft!
1. Mark Barron, S, Alabama -- the Cowboys either wait until #14, or trade up with Jacksonville to #7 and select Barron. The secondary finally resembles a decent defense 8 years AW (After Woodson).
2. Doug Martin, RB, Boise State -- the Cowboys add some talent to the backfield, and officially put Felix Jones on notice. Doug Martin joins what could be a career tandem with DeMarco Murray, and helps us score some more touchdowns on the ground.
3. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma -- good bye Laurent Robinson, hello Ryan Broyles. In a 2-for-1, we get a kick returner and a slot man, or even a guy that can come in and play on the outside while allowing Miles Austin to slide down into the slot where he's virtually uncoverable.
4a. Philip Blake, C, Baylor -- we need beef in the middle, and we need that beef to be beef that can actually play. Philip Blake solidifies a need and likely starts from day 1. People will talk about what a steal this pick was later.
4b. Bryan Anger, P, California -- with the comp pick, we take a flyer on the best punter in college football. McBriar isn't a sure thing to come back, and Chris Jones was alright, but not amazing.
5. Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt -- he slides a little, but we luck out and grab him in the 5th. Casey Hayward pushes guys like Frank Walker and Alan Ball off the roster and steps in as the #4 CB, but could be the #3 by season's end if he can out-play Scandrick. He also will be a good enough #3 if Mike Jenkins leaves after this year.
6. Rhett Ellison, TE, Southern Cal -- Coach Garrett likes 2 TE sets. Ellison is athletic, and will take his blocking cues from former teammate and now new teammate Tyron Smith.
7. Hebron Fangupo, DT/DE, BYU -- another slider, with teams doing all sorts of crazy things like they always do. A late draft steal, this guy provides some big body in the middle of the 3-4 as a spell for Ratliff, and some extra oompf on the line in special teams.
* * *
I admit that I'm throwing darts after round 4. Everything else are just names that I mocked the most.
Go. Tear it up. Rip it up and down, I don't care cuz it's Draft Day, baby!!