My way too early mock
Yeah, unfortunately its time to look at the draft already....this is assuming we finish the season some what strong, but still miss the playoffs. 8-8 or 9-7 picking somewhere between 14-18 most likely.
1. Sheldon Richardson DT/DE Mizzu- Obviously not the position of most need, but this kid is a stud. 6'4 295 and some incredible strength and quickness. Jerry is still kicking himself for not taking Watt so he doesn't let Richardson get past him.
2. Matt Elam S Florida- Doesn't make sense to not have help for your highly paid CB's. Elam can do a little bit of everything at the safety position and could probably start at either FS or SS.
3. Omoregie Uzzi OG Georgia Tech- Finally, what every wants to see. Offensive line. Uzzi is a 3 year starter at RG for Tech and could easily slide right into the position for us.
4. Travis Long OLB Washington State- I personally hope Spencer stays, but we do need to add depth at the OLB position. Long isnt the most athletically gifted, but hes got 1 hell of a motor and some nice moves. Reminds me a little of Connor Barwin.
5. Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma- Depth and hopefully someone to push Free for the RT job in the very near future. Still a bit of a project though.
6. Collin Klein QB/RB Kansas State- Tim Tebow without the media circus. I like it. Could solve our absolutely horrible red zone offense using him in the wildcat as a threat to run or pass. Not a long term solution at QB but the kid is a gamer.
7. Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon- I like the name Kiko