Originally Posted by xwalker
1. Sheldon Richardson DT/DE Mizzu- Obviously not the position of most need, but this kid is a stud. 6'4 295 and some incredible strength and quickness. Jerry is still kicking himself for not taking Watt so he doesn't let Richardson get past him.
His style of play is what the Cowboy need at DE, IMO; however, I'm not completely sold on Richardson.
I have a gut feeling that he might be a hot-head or have some character issues. His demeanor could go either way I guess. He could have a Ratliff type of intensity or he could have some negative character issues.
I think he's actually about 6-3, which is ok if he has long arms.
If the the Cowboys are picking between #14 and #18, then they could probably trade down and still pick Richardson later in the 1st or possibly in the 2nd round.
[View Full Quote]2. Matt Elam S Florida- Doesn't make sense to not have help for your highly paid CB's. Elam can do a little bit of everything at the safety position and could probably start at either FS or SS.
Agree, if BPA. I like Elam somewhere in the 2nd round.
3. Omoregie Uzzi OG Georgia Tech- Finally, what every wants to see. Offensive line. Uzzi is a 3 year starter at RG for Tech and could easily slide right into the position for us.
The 3rd round seems way to early for this player. He appears limited athletically. His 1st step is ok, but after that he doesn't move all that well. His strength appears just average.
4. Travis Long OLB Washington State- I personally hope Spencer stays, but we do need to add depth at the OLB position. Long isnt the most athletically gifted, but hes got 1 hell of a motor and some nice moves. Reminds me a little of Connor Barwin.
If they're going to get a project OLB, I'd prefer one with more athleticism. Quanterus Smith appears to be more athletic and maybe a little bigger. I think both Long and Smith will be available after the 4th round.
I think that Connor Barwin is much more athletic than Travis Long.
5. Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma- Depth and hopefully someone to push Free for the RT job in the very near future. Still a bit of a project though.
Yes, I like this player. He just needs to get bigger. At this point he looks like a TE at first glance.
6. Collin Klein QB/RB Kansas State- Tim Tebow without the media circus. I like it. Could solve our absolutely horrible red zone offense using him in the wildcat as a threat to run or pass. Not a long term solution at QB but the kid is a gamer.
Please no wildcat in Dallas. The media and fans would never quit talking about needing more or needing less wildcat.
Besides being a running QB, doesn't Klein also have a Tebow throwing motion?
7. Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon- I like the name Kiko
His talent might be better than 6th round, but he was suspended for the entire 2010 season and then suspended again for the entire 2011 season.
Regardless, they can't take his name away from him.
I may be over hyping him but wouldnt surprise me at all if he jumps into the top 15 of the draft. If not higher. When he goes to the combine and puts up JJ Watt type #'s at the combine people are going to be shocked. Yes, hes capable of that. Miami U recruited him pretty heavily as a TE out of high school and is a freak of an athlete.
As far as attitude, there isnt 1 that has been documented as of yet. The only real red flag is that he had to go to Juco before Mizzu because of grades. I don't believe hes had any problems since, but still that is a little concerning Ill admit.
Heres the South Carolina highlight for anyone who wants to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM-Zfc5I-P8