Originally Posted by EMMITTnROY
Just to touch on a few things that were mentioned here...
1. Best hour of TV ever? I'm sorry, but as a fan of The Sopranos, Dexter, LOST, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy and The Shield, this isn't even close. It was a good episode, sure, but nothing from The Walking Dead could ever touch the best from those other shows because the quality of the writing, acting, directing, characters and storylines were so much better. I dig The Walking Dead, but it lacks the emotional punch of those other shows I mentioned.
2. I'm glad Lori is dead. She was one of the most annoying TV characters I've ever seen. Her actions nor her words made any sense. "Rick, kill Shane, he's a threat!" ... Rick kills Shane in self defense... "You killed Shane?! You horrible monster, get away from me!!!" Ugh. I was literally clapping and cheering once I realized they were gonna kill her.
[View Full Quote]3. I was more upset about losing Silent T Dog than I was Lori. True story.
4. That said, Rick's breakdown was fantastic. Best piece of acting there's ever been on The Walking Dead, barnone.
5. Now THAT said, some fans are saying it's the best acting ever done on TV, period. Please refer to the shows listed in my #1 point. Watch Tony and Carmela Soprano have a little domestic dispute. Watch Dexter Morgan internalize the emotion of love as nothingness then attempt to outwardly express it. Watch Benjamin Linus and John Locke in a battle of wits. Watch Walter White verbally explode on the weaker, sweeter Jesse Pinkman. Watch an incarcerated D'Angelo Barksdale scream out "Where's Wallace?!" at a quietly boiling Stringer Bell. Rick's breakdown was really great, but it's not an all-timer.
well, i don't watch tv to your standards of entertainment, but to my own. this was one of the most enjoyable episodes i've EVER seen and to me, the best hour of TV in a long long long LONG time. take out 1 episode of BOSS and it's the best in many years gone by.
just not into many of the shows you named, sorry.
this show took some major twists and setup quite a few story possibilities that *to me* make it far from predictable.
1) i stand by best hour of TV. glad you disagree and have others to point to but i don't watch those although i've tried.
2) if you were clapping and cheering, then the writers did their job. that said, i'm glad this part of the story is over. carl has a lot to have to deal with now, putting down shane and having to put a bullet in his own mothers head. rick has his hands full here.
3) anyone notice the no-hair chic also got ate and didn't make it? tdog did great in trying to get her free, but hers was the body they found.
4) agreed. he pulled a ton of emotion out of me in how he broke down and staggered back and forth.
5) not into rating. i enjoyed this show because of how they ended some story lines and started quite a few more. i rated this show so high because of how they told the story in as much as the "acting".
those other shows you mention just don't do it for me. so i'll stand by what i said and feel free to disagree.