Originally Posted by ninja
As a whole, based on 2012 production (summarized below) solely: F
1) Claiborne had one INT (IIRC) the whole year and it was on a tipped pass. Beaten like a rented mule on crossing routes.
2) Crawford couldn't beat out overweight Spears with 2 degenerative knees.
3) Wilber was outplayed in camp by undrafted FA LB Adrain Hamilton and only made the roster because he was a draft pick. Looked clueless in very limited action. Hardly even made the active list.
4) Johnson? Mastered running on sidelines with parachute. Waste of a roster spot most of the year. Finally put on IR.
5) Coale? Even if healthy, probably loses roster spot to undrafted FA Beasley.
6) Hanna was the creme de la creme. Too bad Garrett didn't use him earlier and more often.
7) McSurdy? Absolutely nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Made previous 7th rd pick FB Chapas look like a steal.
I think Claiborne played better than you did, however, it's hard to argue with the rest of your analysis.