Originally Posted by Hoofbite
Are you serious? Do you even realize what you are saying, burm?
Patriots: Last 10 Seasons
- 2003: 14-2: Super Bowl Champion
- 2004: 14-2: Super Bowl Champion
- 2005: 10-6: Divisional Loss
- 2006: 12-4: Conference Championship Loss
- 2007: 16-0: AFC Champion
- 2008: 11-5: Rare 11-win team to not make the playoffs
- 2009: 10-6: Wildcard Loss
- 2010: 14-2: Divisional Loss
- 2011: 13-3: AFC Champion
- 2012: 12-4: Conference Champion Loss
Let me get this straight.
Over a ten year span you would take:
[View Full Quote]AS OPPOSED TO:
- "Being Close"
- 2 Superbowls Championships
- 2-3 Losing Seasons, Leaving 5 Seasons Of Playoff Appearances
The Patriots Last 10 Years:
- Won 2 Superbowls
- Played In 4 Additional AFC Championship Games
- Played In 2 Additional Superbowls
- ZERO Losing Seasons
Do you not see how ridiculous this is? Come on, man. I know you're not that hardheaded. You can hate the Pats all you want but your argument here is completely ridiculous.
You're establishing a 10 year period to measure while only giving the Patriots credit for their last 8 years. Furthermore you are clearly only doing it because if you actually gave them credit for those 2 additional years, you would completely crap on your preferred 10-year hypothetical.
They have been better than your 10 year preference but you are willfully ignoring the fact that they got their Superbowl wins at what would be the beginning of their run. You can't reasonably cut out those first two years just to make your argument stronger. Winning 2 Superbowls in 10 years at the front of the decade under examination and winning 2 Superbowls in 10 years at the end of the decade under examination are the same. You won 2 Superbowls in 10 years.
Burm, this is easily one of the most cherry-picked and distorted depictions of reality that I have ever seen on this board. I don't mean that to insult and I am certainly not exaggerating. It's pretty clear you've late your hate cloud your judgement.
Excellent post. Not sure what he was thinking other than having some blind hate.