Charles Woodson has had a great run. Really, can any defensive football player in history claim a run quite like he has:
- 1st primarily defensive player to win the Heisman trophy
- Leader of a National Championship winning Michigan team
- NFL Defensive MVP
- Superbowl Champion
- Played on another Superbowl team
- Screwed out of a third superbowl appearance by the "Tuck rule"
- 6 AP All-Pro Teams
- 8 Pro-bowls
- 59 Interceptions, 11 for TDs
- 29 Forced Fumbles
- 17 sacks
For his sake, I hope he hangs it up. It's never fun to watch a former great player at a greatly diminished level at the end of his career.