Mosely's Practice Notes
Strange T.O. note of the day and practice notes...
A 24-year-old Oxnard man named Ricardo Magana presented Terrell Owens with four car mats with "T.O. No. 81" written on them. Owens walked over and shook Magana's hand before leaving the practice field.
Oh, here are some things that happened in practice:
• Rookie Jason Hatcher jumped offside on the first 1-on-1 drill of the afternoon.
• Coach Tony Sparano told Pat McQuistan he was "afraid to hit" linebacker DeMarcus Ware. Later, Parcells shouted, "You cannot let that man start running!".
• WR Jamaica Rector has come back strong the last week. He made another tough catch in traffic this afternoon.
• WR Skyler Green made the catch of the day when he snagged a ball from Matt Baker with his fingertips.
• QB Tony Romo beat the blitz in team drills with a quick pass to TE Sean Ryan, who has made several nice catches the last two days.
• DE Marcus Spears steamrolled guard Stephen Peterman during 1-on-1 drills.
• In team drills, LT Flozell Adams slung rookie DE Jason Hatcher to the ground.
• I asked quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer about Baker after practice today: "He has a live arm and a quick release. He has good football savvy." It sounds like the Cowboys will try to keep Baker on the practice squad.
Posted by Matt Mosley at 7:02 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)
Quick update from practice ...
Terrell Owens is the only player on the field wearing a white throwback helmet this afternoon, but don't read anything into that. He's trying to break it in since the Cowboys are wearing their throwback uniforms Monday against the Saints. Bill Parcells said he would wait until tomorrow night to decide whether Owens will play Monday.
Meanwhile, yesterday was declared Rayfield Wright Day in his home state of Georgia. I'll have a great picture of the event by tomorrow.
Apparently Georgia governor wanted to go head-up with Rayfield. Talk soon.
Posted by Matt Mosley at 5:05 PM (E-mail this entry) | C