This is my only and final mock draft. I will give my reasoning with each pick and possibly an alternative selection. I am not going to use any trade scenarios.
Round 1) Michael Brockers
- I believe he will be the Tyron Smith of the draft. He is extremely young and raw, but possesses a great work ethic and with the right coaching he will be an anchor in our defense. For everyone saying he is the next Marcus Spears, the same people laughed when the Giants drafted JPP.
Round 2) Janoris Jenkins
- I don't care if he smoked some weed and college and has some kids. He may have character concerns, but if you have a chance to land one of the best corners in the draft at 45 you do it. He would have the opportunity to start while Jenkins is fully recovering from his injury and then we have 4 great corners to start the season.
Round 3) Ben Jones
- Lets round out our next hole and draft the kid who played in the SEC and knows what to do. He instantly takes over for Costa and gives us a great line to start the season.
Round 4) Jonathan Massaquoi -
We need someone to replace Spencer with at the end of the year. He played at Troy and so did Ware. He is excellent at getting to the QB and has multiple moves to get there.
Round 4b) Russell Wilson
- Love the guys work ethic. He is a bit short, but so is Drew Brees. I think he would benefit sitting under Romo and Orton for 3-4 years and ready to start when Romo retires.
Round 5) Joe Adams -
It is a toss us between TY Hilton and Adams, but I take the guys who faced a more competitive schedule and walk out with some depth at WR.
Round 6) James Hanna -
I take Hanna for his speed and size. Hopefully he develops into a solid contributor on the offense. We break the cycle and don't draft one of those pesky TE in the 2nd round yay!
Round 7) Coty Sensabaugh
- I admit it, I like him because he is related to Sensy, but I think he could be a potential sleeper in the 7th round. If he is not available I may roll the dice and pick up the punter from Georgia.
Okay blast my mock if you wish