8 decisions in Cowboys history, revisited (you decide)
There are decisions that were obviously good (such as the Herschel Walker trade) so they're not being featured. Same goes for decisions that were obviously bad, such as the Roy Williams and Joey Galloway trades.
1. Randy Moss or Greg Ellis?
2. Fire Landry, or keep Landry? (If keep Landry, how long - mid-1990s?)
3. Sell the Cowboys to Jones in 1989 (who would hire Johnson,) or to another buyer instead?
4. Build massive Cowboys Stadium, or a smaller, more traditional venue?
5. Draft Walter Payton with the No. 2 pick in 1975, or Randy White?
6. Morris Claiborne, or Dre Kirkpatrick and keep a 2nd-round pick?
7. Sign Terrell Owens, or not?
8. Fire Chan Gailey, or keep Gailey?
My own take:
2. Release Landry, but in a more tactful way
3. Sell to Jones. The 1990s dynasty might not have taken place without Johnson as coach.
4. Build the huge stadium
5. White, but only because Tony Dorsett was a great RB.
6. Kirkpatrick and the 2nd round pick
7. Sign Owens
8. Keep Gailey