Originally Posted by T-RO
Here you go...last 13 Super Bowl winners. See any quarterbacks older than 32?
Kurt Warner- 28
Trent Dilfer- 28
Tom Brady- 24
Brad Johnson- 34
Eli Manning- 27
Ben Roethlisberger - 26
Drew Brees - 32
Aaron Rogers - 27
Eli Manning - 31
I didn't know you were focusing on Qb's. So you are going to cut these HOF QB's because they reached the age of 32? Romo didn't even play his first 2 years in the league. You have the perfect exit strategy but you can't see past tomorrow. How many teams in the league are constantly searching for THE QB? Every year they give away multiple draft picks and overdraft QB's not because he was the best player available but because they know that the Trent Dilfer teams only come along once every 20 years or so. It all starts and finishes with the QB.
Name the QB's between Aikman and Romo and remember we went 5 and 11 three of those seasons but failed to get a Qb all of those years..and how many of the 1st round QB's have flamed out? A bird in hand is worth 3 in the bush.
1) Bart Starr, Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl I (33) and Super Bowl II (34).
2) Len Dawson, Kansas City Chiefs - Super Bowl IV (34).
3) John Unitas, Baltimore Colts - Super Bowl V (37). Earl Morrall finished the game, coming in after Unitas' injury. He was 36.
4) Roger Staubach, Dallas Cowboys - Super Bowl XII (35).
5) Jim Plunkett, Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders - Super Bowl XV (33) and Super Bowl XVIII (36).
6) Joe Theismann, Washington Redskins - Super Bowl XVII (33).
7) Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers - Super Bowl XXIV (33).
8) Steve Young, San Francisco 49ers - Super Bowl XXIX (33).
9) John Elway, Denver Broncos - Super Bowl XXXII (37) and Super Bowl XXXIII (38).