(NY Jets vs. Bills)
- Try Morse code, Rex Ryan. Maybe Mark Sanchez will get it then.
- What do Braylon Edwards and Maxwell House Coffee have in common? Good to the last drop.
- A past-his-prime T.O. gets introduced to the future of the NFL in Darrell Revis.
- Thomas Jones has to be the most underrated back in the game.
- He just consistently produces on a week to week basis.
- Toronto to Buffalo: You can keep them.
- Slim, meet the NY Jets playoff hopes.
(Saints vs. Redskins)
- Is Destiny smiling on the Saints or what?
- Another improbable win becomes probable.
- Skins: fast starters, slow finishers.
- If Shaun Suisham is on the Skins roster next season, you’d best believe some compromising photos of Daniel Snyder exist somewhere, and Suisham must possess them.
- He cost the Redskins two games this season.
- Sorry, but you have to make those kicks.
- The song that should have been on Skins DB Kareem Moore’s iPod: Jungle Boogie by Kool and the Gang. The song’s opening verse: “Get down, get down! Get down, get down!”
- You want an example of how strong a receiver’s hands are? Witness Robert Meachem as he yanks the ball away from Moore and travels down the sidelines for a touchdown.
- That’s why coaches have receivers lifting weights.
- You have to feel for the Skins. A few plays here, a few plays there and they’re in the playoff hunt.
- Devin Thomas ready for Primetime.
- Albert Haynesworth makes a big difference in the middle.
- We probably won’t be seeing Laron Landry on “Dancing with the Stars.” Double moves give him problems.
- Two double moves and the Saints score 14 points.
(Bengals vs. Lions)
- Told you Cedric Benson would get healed and in a hurry.
- Bengals still relying too much on Shayne Graham’s leg.
- But emphasizing the running game may play into this team’s hands should they be able to secure the second seed in the playoffs.
- Someone tell Chad Ochocinco he’s not in college playing for a Fiesta Bowl-bid.
- Both C.J.’s (Chad Jackson and Calvin Johnson) provide the deep-ball threat for their respective teams.
- Bengals DE Jonathan Fanene goes all the way, way.
- We can say that Matt Stafford has guts.
- Don’t fear, Detroit. The future is in good hands.
(Colts vs. Titans)
- Vince Young and the Titans return to earth.
- Peyton and Co. prove to be too much for Tennessee.
- I think Peyton and the Colts secretly want to run the table and stamp that Manning is a better quarterback than Tom Brady.
- He’s getting it done with receivers named Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie.
- Joseph Addai decides to show up in the end zone, once and again.
- The Colts defense is taking things personally and ready to establish itself as a young but formidable unit.
- Chris Johnson may come up short in his bid for league MVP but he surpasses the century mark once again.
- Nate Washington and his swiss cheese hands.
- Milk cartoon candidate: Lendale White?
- Where is he, especially on short yardage downs in the Red Zone?
- No jersey necessary. The winner, Coach Fisher, is behind center throwing a touchdown pass right … there.
(Eagles vs. Falcons)
- Did the positive reaction to Michael Vick surprise you?
- Not me.
- How long had Reid and staff been planning this coming-out party for Vick?
- Chris Redman is better in relief.
- With Turner, Ryan and Jenkins out, the Falcons had no chance.
- Leonard Weaver, another one-hand wonder.
- Eagles plum the free agent wire to pick another gem.
- Another year with McNabb, and the Eagles receivers could rival the Cardinals and Saints.
(Raiders vs. Steelers)
- The Steel Curtain Defense? More like shower curtains.
- If anyone doubts how valuable Troy Palomalu is to the Steelers defense, look no further than the Steelers four-game losing streak.
- Still, letting a rookie wide receiver school you?
- We know the Steelers aren’t calling them the Jokeland Raiders.
- Wow. Who would have thought Bruce Gradkowski to Louis Murphy would be a winning combination?
- Once against Cincinnati and now against Pittsburgh.
- I don’t think Bruce Almighty wants to give the job back.
- I know I bag on the Raiders, but they don’t roll over and play dead like a certain team in Texas.
- Like the Cowboys, the Steelers offense played well enough to win the game but the defense let the team down.
- I know there are too many Steelers in the hall of fame, but on effort alone Hines Ward should make it.
(Giants vs. Cowboys)
- That heartbeat you heard was from the NY football Giants.
- It’s December, so you know where your Cowboys are Dallas.
- On the losing side of W/L column.
- Can’t blame this one on Tony Romo.
- Yes, DeMarcus Ware is a very good player, but he’s not a clutch player. He’s overrated when the game is on the line and you need a critical sack.
- The Cowboys simply can’t cover Steve Smith.
- Poor tackling and poor angles, that’s all you need to know about teaching and training under Wade Phillips.
- My son’s 11-year-old team knows more about how to take proper angles and remain discipline to your coverage lanes than the Cowboys do.
- The Cowboys talented trio at running back is being wasted under Jason Garrett.
- Marion Barber picks a bad time to have a bad game.
- The Barbarian is losing his fierceness.
- Hakeem Nicks gets reacquainted with the touchdown – again.
- The receiver the Boyz could have had if not for the Roy Williams trade.
- By the way, nice TD grabs but you don’t play for the Longhorns anymore.
- How embarrassing is it to let Brandon Jacobs race 76 yards down the sidelines and not one Cowboy can catch him?
- The only way Flozell Adams can block Jason Tuck is from behind.
- Expect your wallet to be lighter, Adams.
- Look on the bright side, Cowboys fans. Wade Phillips is one step closer to the door.
(Chargers vs. Browns)
- Brady Quinn to Mohammed Massoquoi? Mm good.
- Derek Anderson will be wearing a uniform other than brown and orange next year.
- How fitting, LT surpasses Jim Brown’s rushing yards in Cleveland with Brown watching.
- LT joins the rarified air with Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith with 150 or more TDs.
- If Darren Sproles gets in open space, watch out.
- If this were any other year, Phillip Rivers would be among the running for league MVP.
- Don’t be surprised to see the Chargers in the Super Bowl.
(Broncos vs. Chiefs)
- Arrowhead Stadium usually gives the Broncos fits. Not … this … time.
- Brandon Marshall – one (hand) if by air, two (feet) if by ground.
- I think we see the importance of Kyle Orton to Denver’s offense.
- Brodie Croyle at punter. Rrrrighhtt like that was going to fool the Broncos.
- Should have started Buckhalter on my fantasy team.
- The Broncos will make the playoffs.
(Jags vs. Texans)
- No lucky breaks for Matt Schaub.
- So that’s where Hex Rex Grossman is.
- First pass, a pick.
- Tells you all you need to know about Grossman when your starting quarterback has to be brought back into the game with a dislocated shoulder.
- Steve Slaton: the Disappearing man.
- What went wrong? That half-back option pass worked in practice, coach.
- The Colts took Houston’s heart, the Jag stole their soul.
- This team may not win another game this year.
(Cardinals vs. Vikings)
- Do any receivers have better hands as a unit than the Cardinals receivers?
- Are any receivers as physical as a unit as the Cardinals receivers?
- With protection like this, Kurt Warner may not experience another concussion.
- Favre has defied expectations, but Sunday night proved he needs to be protected by a running game.
- Cardinals simply stuff Adrian Peterson.
- Larry Fitzpatrick was breaking tackles like Peterson usually does.
- Jared Allen had a tough night.
- I knew E.J. Henderson was out for the year after I saw his leg whip like limb rope.
- The Cardinals have all the talent in the world on offense and defense to repeat as NFC Super Bowl representatives.
(Dolphins vs. Pats)
- Don’t look now but Tom “Terrific” has lost his last-minute mojo.
- Devon Bess, Miami’s best receiver.
- Wait until this team gets some blue chip players.
- Still don’t think they make the playoffs, but this is the classic overachieving team.
- Randy Moss good for at least one fingertip TD grab against the Dolphins.
- Wes Welker got away from Miami, but the Dolphins didn’t let him get away too much on the field.
- Someone better hip Bill Belichick to the term “a gambling fool.”
- Take the field goal and you’re probably looking at a win.
- Sam Aikens does steps on and over Shaun Smith.
- One Michigan quarterback (Chad Henne) outduels another (Tom Brady).
- Pats armor of invincibility slowly cracking.
- No longer road warriors – except in London.
- The Carpenter nails another victory for the Fins.
(Bears vs. Rams)
- What Chicago has been waiting for: An interception-free Jay Cutler.
- What Chicago has been waiting for II: Matt Forte finding the end zone.
- Fear not, Rams, Jimmy Clausen is on his way.
(49ers vs. Seahawks)
- Why is Julius Jones starting in place of Justin Forsett?
- Federal Express Vernon Davis to the Pro-Bowl, please.
- Seattle escapes a flagrant pass interference call.
- Too many red zone buggles by San Francisco.
- Here’s an Inconvenient Truth: Frank Gore – your fumble may have cost your team a spot in the playoffs.
- 49ers blow their chance for a division title.
- And I thought the race was over after such a promising start by San Francisco.
- That’s why early predictions mean nothing.
Top Five: 1.) Colts 2.) Saints 3.) Vikings 4.) Chargers 5.) Bengals
Bottom Five: 28.) Chiefs 29.) Buccaneers 30.) Redskins 31.) Browns 32.) Rams
All corrections, comments, clarifications and criticisms are welcomed.
"Jason Garrett will have the Cowboys in the NFC Championship Game within three years." - Tyke1doe, August 19, 2011