The new open source Facebook competitor has revealed its look. (looks about like Facebook)
has just gone up on Diaspora
’s blog revealing what the project actually looks like for the first time. While it’s not yet ready
to be released to the public, the open-source social networking project is giving the world a glimpse of what it looks like today and also releasing the project code, as promised
At first glance, this preview version of Diaspora looks sparse, but clean. Oddly enough, with its big pictures and stream, it doesn’t look unlike Apple’s new Ping music social network mixed with yes, Facebook. A few features they note:
- Share status messages and photos privately and in near real time with your friends through “aspects”.
- Friend people across the Internet no matter where Diaspora seed is located.
- Manage friends using “aspects”
- Upload of photos and albums
- All traffic is signed and encrypted (except photos, for now).
Formerly the notorious nyc!
I've got more red flags than Soviet Russia!
There is a good chance that you don't like me, but there is a better chance that I don't care.
If I'm not insulting you, I'm probably not aware that you exist.
Jerry Jones in the draft room is suicide on the football field. The line of scrimmage is EVERYTHING. Something Jerry doesn't understand.