Thoughts on NFL Week 8 (2010)
The abbreviated version because I didnít catch all of the football games.
-Head coaches under fire for questionable decisions and general cluelessness.
- Wade Phillips, Brad Childress and Mike Shanahan got some splaining to do.
- I hear France is looking for an NFL franchise, Jerry Jones.
- Talk about surrender monkeys.
- 1-15 is in the cards for the Cowboys if Jones lets Wade finish out the season.
- Werenít you supposed to be the defenseís Mr. Fix It?
- David Garrard may not ever be mentioned along side of Unitas, Montana, Marino, Young, Elway and Manning, but Sunday he had a better passing rating than all those greats who played against the Cowboys.
- Welcome to the century mark again, Maurice Jones-Drew.
- Welcome to the century mark, again, Michael Sims-Walker.
- Jag defenders: the definition of being in the right place at the right time.
- DeAngelo Hall got the best of Calvin Johnson at first, but C.J. returned the favor and then some.
- With all due apologies to Simba, C.J. is the new Lion King.
- What a difference Matt Stafford makes.
- I think we can start engraving Ndamukong Suhís name on the Defensive Rookie of the Year trophy.
- Santana Moss trying to strip him of the ball resembled a child trying to move the Washington Monument.
- Mike Shanahan needs work on his excuses.
- Uh, who other than Rex Grossman is buying the fact he knew the two-minute offense better than McNabb?
- I think Shanahan meant 20 second offense because thatís how long it took him to turn the ball over.
- Replacing McNabb with Grossman is like quitting your ugly girlfriend and dating her twin sister.
- This may end the downward spiral of the Redskins.
- Then again Donovan didnít help himself by throwing into triple coverage.
- I think we can see why the Eagles unloaded him.
- A 6 point return on his investment for Brandon ďMoney in theĒ Banks.
- Were did the Bengals rushing attack disappear to?
- The Dolphins ultimately were too physical for the Bengals.
- Karlos Dansby went all WWE on Chad Ouchiocinco.
- Bad blow to the head call on Miami defender Langford.
- T.O. catches two touchdowns but not coming back for the ball to draw the pass interference may have cost Cincinnati the game.
- Jermaine Gresham has to work on his hands.
- Dan Carpenter is a scoring machine for the Dolphins.
- The most valuable foot in Miami.
- Challenges are like lifelines, choose them wisely, Rex Ryan.
- Mark Sanchezís mistake streak ends in Week 8.
- Jets defense was there, offense wasnít.
- Clay(mation) Matthews is animation domination.
- Gutsy performance by a Packers team decimated by injuries.
- I thought simultaneous possession goes to the receiver not the defender.
- Packers defense got away with that not once but twice.
- Hey, a little aggression takes you a long way.
- Congratulations, LT, on your way pass 13,000 yards rushing and 4,000 yards receiving.
- First ballot Hall of Famer.
- Mason Crosby and Nick Folk came out of the same draft. Crosby showed, at least Sunday, heís the better kicker.
- When your name is Succop (suck up), you donít want to blow any game-winning kicks nor do you want a kick blown by the wind wide left.
- Both happened to the Chiefs kicker, but redemption is just a victorious kick away.
- On the other hand, Ryan Lindell shanks an attempt to put the Bills in the win column.
- Bad play calling by the Bills who had the ball in Chief territory with minutes left in the game. Three passes and no running plays?
- Why not try a few running plays move the ball closer for the kicker than if he misses, leave no chance for the Chiefs to kick a winning field goal and escape with at least a tie?
- At least Buffalo shows signs of a pulse.
- Jamal Charles is large and in charge in the Chiefs backfield.
- No Moss, No Moss.
- Vikings cut Randy Moss. Can Childress be far behind?
- Methinks someone didnít do their research on Randy.
- The Pats defense surely did. Rendered him ineffective.
- Between his first stint with the Vikings and his last one, I donít think thereís bridge left standing in Minnesota.
- He may have praised the Patriots, but I donít think they want him back.
- They have their Randy Moss in Brandon Tate.
- Healed and ready to wreck havoc.
- The Moss trade has to be the best one of the Belichick era.
- I think Vikings fans are sick of giving picks away for basically nothing in return.
- See Herschel Walker and Randy Moss.
- The Patriots have found their multipurpose back in the multiply-named Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis.
- Tom Brady is still Tom Brady.
- I think this is definitely Favreís last year.
- LaGarrette uses Blount force to batter Cardinals into submission.
- If it werenít for Sam Bradford and the obvious bias toward quarterbacks, Mike Williams would be offensive rookie of the year.
- Heís playing like a veteran.
- So is Josh Freeman.
- Talib read Max Hallís pass like a Dr. Suess book.
- Donít look now, but the Raiders are no longer the laughingstock of the league.
- Wow. Jason Campbell resembling a competent quarterback.
- Wow. Darrius Heyward-Bey finds the end zone.
- Darren McFadden deserves consideration for Offensive Player of the Year.
- Vince Young needs some calcium enrichment tablets.
- Chris Johnson has the best stop and start motion this side of Barry Sanders.
- He could use some work in his pass-catching skills, though.
- Where would the Chargers be without Antonio Gates?
- Heís about as big as a power forward and teams still canít cover him.
- Welcome to the end zone, Ryan Matthews.
- More calf-stretching exercises in Ken Brittís future workout regiment.
- Touching the ref is a ďNo, noĒ Nickey.
- Drew Brees has rediscovered his New Orleans mojo.
- Memo Heath Miller, butterfingers, good Halloween candy, not so good ball handling skills.
- Saints defense comes up big against the Steelers at the goal line.
1. New England Patriots (Last one-loss team standing)
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (no shame in losing to Saints on the road)
3. NY Jets (No shame in holding a Packers team to 9 points)
4. Baltimore Ravens (Holding strong despite bye week)
5. NY Giants NY Giants (Off this week, but looking like the best team in the NFC)
28. Denver Broncos (How much rope does McDaniels have?)
29. Minnesota Vikings (This team is about to implode.)
30. Carolina Panthers (Like Wade, Fox simply playing out the season.)
31. Buffalo Bills (Theyíve got a pulse but no wins.)
32. Dallas Cowboys (The France military shows more courage.)
All comments, clarifications, corrections, criticisms and additions are welcomed.
"Jason Garrett will have the Cowboys in the NFC Championship Game within three years." - Tyke1doe, August 19, 2011