Understand Denver gave Manning a full physical and he past with flying colors; Manning also told them he still wasn't fully back to where he wanted to be--same physical condition he was in before injury. He held noting back from the Broncos and volunteere everything he knew about his injury, etc.
Manning's salary was also structured in a way to protect Broncos and himself. Since he already passed Bronco physical, his pay of $18M this season is guaranteed; Manning will be given another tough physical in 2013 and if passed, his 2013 salary will be guaranteed; etc.
Frankly, I'd love to see Manning win his 2nd SB & he has lot better chance thn he did with the Colts given Colts lack of a good defense; and Colts OL wasn't getting better.
Why I want Manning to win his 2nd SB:
1) Have always liked Peyton; he's a great QB with quirky personality; love his commercials.
2) Hate Eli and he's got 2 SB wins which must really irritate his older brother.
3) Hate the Patriots, hate the Steelers, hate the Jets, hate the Titans, etc.
4) Also hate the Giants, hate the Eagles, hate the Packers, hate the 49ers.
5) did I say that I don't really expect the Cowboys to make it to the SB this year. If they do, then all bets are off and I'm rooting for them and not the Broncos.
6) did I mention all the NFL teams hate and who I don't want to win a SB?
Don't really hate the Broncos & really like Peyton. Did I mention I hate Favre?