Thoughts on NFL Week 3 (2012)
- Don’t be surprised if Eli Manning is a candidate for league MVP.
- Martellus Bennett has done more in three games in NY then he did in four years in Dallas.
- When Cam is good, he’s really good. When he’s bad, he’s not only really bad but gets down in the dumps.
- Whatever happened to the vaunted Carolina backfield?
- What a waste of running backs.
- The replacement refs have made the NFL a throw-back game, and I’m not talking just about officiating.
- Defenses players are teeing off on offensive players in the mode of Dick Butkis, Ray Nitchke and Mel Blount.
- Don’t think for a moment that the debacle in Seattle is going to get the regular refers back.
- To the NFL and Goodell, bad publicity is better than no publicity at all.
- And we’ll keep shelling out money and turning on the television set like lemmings.
- Tony Romo might not last the season behind his ragtag offensive line.
- Gerald McCoy hit Romo so hard I think his wife suffered a headache.
- LaGarrett Blount needs to learn to stay grounded.
- Sometimes, I think Cowboys Coach Jason Garrett is in way over his head.
- Despite being 1-2, the Buccaneers look headed in the right direction.
- I have no problem with the Bucs coach telling his troupes to go all out even on the last play of the game.
- That’s how you build a 60-minute attitude.
- The Titans rely on another Music City Miracle to beat the Lions.
- That and a mental lapse by Jim Schwartz.
- Lions backup QB Shaun Hill must have gone to mass early Sunday. And Titus Young.
- What Mary giveth, Schwartz taketh away.
- Yeah, yeah, a miscommunication on the last play.
- Starring in the latest remake of “The Invisible Man,” Titans RB Chris Johnson.
- Slow your roll on the 49ers Super Bowl bandwagon.
- Ponder this for a moment: San Francisco was beaten by a QB not named Aaron Rodgers and not named Matt Stafford.
- I’m not knocking Ponder, but I wonder if the 49ers took him and the Vikings for granted.
- Still this was a victory a young QB can build upon.
- Rudolph can make one-hand touchdown catches as well as lead Santa’s sleigh team.
- Alex Smith, don’t regress on us now.
- Vikings RB Toby Gerhart needs a dose of cough syrup too.
- Steelers WR Antonio Brown must have dipped his gloves in butter before the game.
- I’m surprised Darius Heyward-Bay’s head didn’t come off too.
- Speedy recovery DHB.
- Just when you were about to bury da Raiders they up and beat the Steelers.
- Is Pittsburgh’s age showing?
- Former college coach Jim Harbaugh was working over those college replacement refs.
- I think it’s fair to say that Jamaal Charles’ injured knee is fully healed.
- Ryan Succop was no suck up.
- The Saints fans have pulled out the bags again.
- Officially refer to them as “Da” Saints because they certainly need a “D.”
- Matt Schaub’s now the Evander Holyfield of the NFL.
- That was as vicious a hit as I’ve seen on a QB, especially when it causes a man to lose his ear.
- Peyton Manning is by far the better quarterback, but I think Tim Tebow made the Broncos play to their highest potential.
- Eric Decker is the next great white hope at wide receiver.
- The refs gave Denver a gift of a pass interference. James Joseph couldn’t have been in better position if he had been given the play call.
- Joel Dressen wins the “in the right place at the right time” award.
- Were my eye’s deceiving me or was Peyton Manning wearing pink underwear?
- Wade Phillips might not be much of a head coach but he’s a heck of a defensive coordinator.
- That’s about the easiest TD pass, er, interception Rob Jackson is ever gonna get.
- Reality show participant Andrew Hawkins starts for the Bengals.
- If any team going to run the Wildcat right, it should be the Bengals.
- If anyone doubts the power of inspiration, look no further than Tory Smith and his performance against the Patriots.
- That game-winnning field goal looked good to me.
- Maybe the ref had the Ravens special teams on his fantasy team.
- Ed Reed still bringing the pain.
- If Devin McCourty stays on his feet, game over.
- Uh Billy Boy Belichik, you don’t put your hands on the refs.
- Rex Ryan has done the impossible: He has made Tim Tebow irrelevant.
- I think Deion said it best: When you’re throwing the ball to Tebow, something’s wrong with your offense.
- Losing Darrell Revis is a major blow for the Jets.
- Reggie Bush caught a major break.
- Anthony Fasano had that ball.
- A carpenter should know the work isn’t done until you drive through the last nail.
- Colts TY Hilton “Hotel” was wide open on his touchdown pass and Andrew Luck checks in.
- Maurice Jones Drew with his “Who needs preseason” performance.
- The prevent defense does the Colts in.
- Teams are out to punish Michael Vick.
- Forget the fact that he won’t make it through the entire season; he might not last two more games.
- What does Andy Reid have against LeSean McCoy?
- What does Andy Reid have against running the football?
- Yes, there’s a “D” in Cardinals.
- Arizona’s defense made two of the top quarterbacks (Vick, Brady) look like Russell Wilson.
- I see Larry Fitzgerald has come out of hiding.
- Aaron Rodgers with the discount double sack x4.
- Either the Packers offense has regressed or the Seahawks defense is vastly improved.
- Russell Wilson gets away with doing just enough.
- I try not to complain too much about officiating, but that was the worst officiated game I have ever witnessed on the NFL level.
- That was no roughing against Wilson, no interference by Shields and no Hail Mary touchdown by Golden Tate.
- The Seahawks can thank their 12th man for that victory.
1. Atlanta Falcons – They would have been excused had they lost the Chargers, but they won, on the road.
2. Houston Texans – They have been the most consistent and played a pretty good Denver team.
3. Arizona Cardinals – This team is winning with … Kevin Kolb at quarterback.
4. Baltimore Ravens – Should be 3-0.
5. NY Giants – Their offense is on fire, and their defense is just getting warmed up.
28. Carolina Panthers – Their only win is against the Saints. Nuff said.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars – You barely beat the Colts. Yeah </sarcasm>
30. Indianapolis Colts - You lost to the Jaguars.
31. Cleveland Browns – They’re showing fight, but that’s about it.
32. New Orleans Saints – WhodatsaytheygonnabeatdemSaints? Everybody.
As always, all corrections, clarifications, additions and comments are welcomed.
"Jason Garrett will have the Cowboys in the NFC Championship Game within three years." - Tyke1doe, August 19, 2011