Originally Posted by SmellsLikeTuna
I saw this topic on another board and thought that it made for some pretty interesting discussion..........Who should be getting paid the most by the Cowboys??
I've ranked the top 10 players on the Cowboys as I would pay them for the next year. Treat this like a situation where all the players on the Cowboys are up for a contract renewal and you have to prioritize who you sign for 1 year. Who are the top 10 players you would sign (1 being the highest paid and 10 being the lowest). I have taken into account the general pay scale for each position where a QB on average makes more than a WR and a WR makes more than a Safety and so on:
3. Roy Williams
Surprised by the lack of responses to this interesting topic. Must be because it didn't involve the qb position.
I believe the order of importance by position to be the following:
2. LT- Protect the blind side of the most important player
3.DE- Need a stud pass rusher, helps all aspect of defense.
4. CB- need a shutdown guy, helps a lack of Pass rush.
5. Rb- Helps take pressure off your qb and OL.
From this point out, it is pretty much arguable.
Having said that, Flozell fits the mold of franchise type LT. Check.
We don't have a qb(yet) that deserves top ten on our team money.
DE- Ellis is very good, just not elite. He is a top 5 player on our team though.
Cb is covered by Newman who was close to being shutdown as a rookie, he should take that step this year. He is probably our 2nd highest contract in the scenario provided.
After that, it seems we are going to have to pay a lot of unconventional positions some of the highest money on our team.
He is how I would rank them.
4. Roy Williams- Great, Great player, probably our best but his position dictates a little lower than one.
5. Glover- Not a spaceeater but does do well against the run and does get after the qb. Valuable pro bowl type player.
6. Keyshawn Johnson- Our #1 wr. Is a pro bowler, and does move the chains.
7. Dat Nyugen- Our best LB, we know what it is like not to have a good MLB.
8. LA- On the prospects of him coming into camp in shape alone is in our top ten.
9.Woodson- On his last leg but for one year, a good investment.
10. Wiley- Could be our best pass rusher. I put a premium on that.
I know I left off Coakley, Anderson, and Glenn. Their positions just aren't as important, therefore, they are not in the top 10.