This was my first Cowboys game ever, actually, my first football game ever!! I was quickly getting ancy just walking over the bridge to Texas Stadium. As we entered it was overwhelming, but these thoughts soon left my mind when I noticed how many seats were not filled by the time kickoff came around, and how quiet the stadium got in between plays. I was with my GF so I didn't get SUPER rowdy, but I yell and clap almost before and after every play, it's weird when you're the only one in your section yelling ^_^
Anyways, here are my thoughts on the actual game.
1) I'm not sure if it was Bledsoe holding the ball too long, our receivers not getting open, or our offensive line sucking it up, but other than the first drive, our offense sucked it up.
I was sitting next to a great Detroit Lions fan, very cordial and knowledgeable (actually held a football conversation with him for a good half of the game), and he acknowledged that we should be trying to test the corners or continue to pound the ball on them.
2) Our defense seemed out of sync, no rush, if it was any other QB other than Joey Harrington, I think we would've been sliced and diced. Joey would be sitting in a nice 5 yard pocket looking for a receiver, and then he'd overthrow/underthrow/give up the ball. Our coverage guys held up for a good 5 seconds, but after that it's 50/50 on what happens next.
3) Bledsoe looked real off today, I'm guessing it was from that "concussion" he had sometime in the game, but his throws were all over the field. He underthrew Glenn several times, and overthrew a sure (99%) touchdown pass to Witten on that misdirection play.
4) Julius looked great on the first drive, and ALMOST looked like his old self. I can't stand the way he runs now though, I hate how he cradles the ball with two hands. I don't care that he fumbled earlier (I'm sure Parcells had some words for him), because it takes away from his ability to cut and juke. He looks like he's running so defensively with the ball.
5) Barber looked good, very evasive and good control of body, he contorts and twists his ways for extra yardage.
6) It didn't look like we did any blitzing either, perhaps I wasn't paying close enough attention, but it seemed like we'd send only 4-5 guys every play.
That's all I can think of right now, it's pretty late, maybe I'll add a few things later.
Comments are always welcome