Post game thoughts....
After having some time to absorb the game here are a few thoughts....
- JJ and Lee must carry the load at RB...we should NOT be giving the load to EG and Ritchie...lack of yards after contact, and losing the rock...nuff said.
- Vinnie looked very sharp last night...was happy with him, two fumbles and a few holding calls stopped what I think would have put some points on the board. Moved the ball well.
- Keys...we know why we have him now...nuff said. AB and Glenn...nice job last night. Glenn is becoming the model of consistancy, and AB is climbing out of his shell.
- We need to trade for a RCB (McKenzie) and move Pete to the slot. Pete was not horrible last night, but I think he could be very good in the slot, but we must have a RCB...then Thorton and Reeves back up. This is not a knee jerk reaction...this is a known issue that needs to get addressed.
- I'm very frustrated at the front four...I'm having a very difficult time believing we do not have the talent there...seriously. Ellis and Glover are proven players...I think Eaton was a good pick up to stuff the middle...Wiley was non-existent, however I think he can be good. Starting to think the onus of the issue is on Zimm...I'm not sure if we got a big name rusher in here that it would make a big diiference...Zimm needs to change some things up...I really think talent wise we can get it done with those guys.
- Blitz... ! Hey let's just put 11 in the box and try. I put this back on Zimm. And where was the 3-4??? Did I miss it somewhere...
Summary - The offense is on the right track...BUT we must have JJ and Lee carry the load...we must also continue a balanced attack, we moved away from the run to fast yesterday. We need Woody back...the mugging Dixon put on Moss was rediculas. He never even looked back after getting fried. If we take away two critical turnovers, and holding calls and put some points up in those drives this was a very different game. We did not get beat as bad as the score indicated. All the way until our last fumble and when they put the final TD on the board...I thought we could pull this off. We were there.