1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

1 Man Dead of a Heart Attack, 3 Arrested After Hotel Wedding Brawl in Philly w/vid

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 8, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    By LINSEY DAVIS | Good Morning America – 14 hours ago

Philadelphia police have been investigating a violent brawl inside a hotel between the guests of two different wedding parties that left one man dead from an apparent heart attack, and three others arrested.

Dozens of police officers responded to the violent clash in the lobby of the Sheraton Society Hill in Philadelphia Sunday around 2 a.m. At one point the fight got so chaotic that police used batons on those who resisted their efforts to break up the fight. One person had to be subdued with a Taser. Police said the use of such force was justified.

A 57-year-old man was found apparently undergoing a heart attack on the street outside the hotel and later died at a nearby hospital. His name has not been released by police, but he was reportedly the uncle of one of the brides, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Link: http://gma.yahoo.com/1-man-dead-heart-attack-3-arrested-hotel-070608925--abc-news-topstories.html

Video: http://news.yahoo.com/video#video=30810877
  2. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    I just read about that and saw the video.

The City Of Brotherly Love.

:cool:
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,636 Messages
    5,549 Likes Received
    Makes me think back to what happened here yesterday in Kansas City when the fans booed Cassell when he got hurt.
  5. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    'Alcohol played a role'.

I'd wager belligerence and pride played bigger roles.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,073 Messages
    3,034 Likes Received
    Stay classy Philadelphia.

[IMG]
  7. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,156 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Exactly what I was gonna say :laugh2:
  8. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Absolute CRAZINESS! Ridiculous adult behavior aplenty, including wedding party individuals and some of the police, alike, though I can at least try to understand how the cops might have felt overwhelmed and acted accordingly. Still, in all of it... clocking a bride???

How much of this goes back to decisions made about whom to invite? Hang w/ me as I'm not making fun: It's a big — HUGE — day for all of the key people in both wedding parties — especially the brides, with their lifetime dreams in the balance. I wonder how much this sort of nonsense might be about the quantity of the wedding attendees vs. the quality of the wedding attendees?

No fault being aimed at the brides/grooms intended... NOT saying that... just floating a thought that comes to mind when I see stuff like this.

Where should the lines be drawn? No booze? No borderline volatile personalities on the guest invitee lists? Is there any way to legitimately guard against this kind of potential aberrant behavior? IDK.
  9. nicoletbren

nicoletbren New Member

3 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just read the news and it was really something to talk about since they just don't care of the man who got a heart attack. He might have enjoyed the pleasure of love.
  10. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,461 Messages
    575 Likes Received

Huh. The main video they wanted to show me using the video link was of a man dying after a live roach eating contest in which he ate dozens of live roaches & worms I guess. Didn't watch...
  11. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well I did not make the wedding but one side of the family had a brawl at a wedding here many years ago. Except the brawl was between the Bride and grooms family and the groom was one of the people that ended up in jail.

The funny part is the brawl started over two girls fighting over some guy at the wedding.
  12. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,451 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Why.... Just a Normal Wedding reception aftermath in Philadelphia.
  13. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Wow! What in the World are those idiots fighting about? Way to ruin the special day for the bride and groom.
  14. CxC1993

CxC1993 Member

285 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    SMH. What is wrong with people?
  15. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,138 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    Alcohol and belligerence seem to hang out together a lot, .. huh?
  16. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I wouldn't say that. A great number of problems occur without alcohol on a daily basis.

Alcohol and normal people = no problem
    Belligerence with alcohol = problem
    Belligerence without alcohol = still a problem
  17. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let's put it in a better context to much alcohol mixed with bad decisions lead to disasters.
  18. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,138 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    Most people aren't 'normal people' after alcohol arrives.

Belligerence seems to love alcohol's company, and shows up after alcohol has been there a little while.