1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

#1 Pick Coming Into Focus

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Avery, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,881 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    San Fran decided to win today so they pretty much are out for the #1 pick. Houston lost so they are in sole possession of the #1 pick.

The current draft order is as follows.

Position/Team/Record/Opp. Winning %

1. Houston 2-13 .531
    2. New Orleans 3-12 .522
    3. New York Jets 3-11 .522
    4. San Francisco 3-12 .545
    5. Green Bay 3-11 .545

Green Bay and San Fran are out of the picture now pretty much. If Houston wins next week against San Franciso, it will come down to N.O. and the Jets for #1.
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    It would be fitting if NO ends up with the first pick.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,560 Messages
    1,920 Likes Received
    I really want Houston to win against the 9ers next week to jumble the order.

Prediction, the Jets end up with #1.
  4. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,170 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    I believe Houston should win but who knows? Anything can happen!
  5. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,496 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    If NOLA gets the first pick they will probably go QB. If the Jets get it the other teams get it. Bush is the number 1 pick. Houston could be the wild card and trade the pick.
  6. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How would you like to be a Jets fan? From Curtis Martin straight to Reggie Bush. The Jets ain't a bad team, they just had some season killing injuries. The Jets scoring Bush reminds me of that year the Spurs lost David Robinson, and picked up Tim Duncan.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,705 Messages
    3,925 Likes Received
    I'm just glad we are talking about a top 5 pick next year and the Cowboy are not a part of the conversation. :)
  8. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,655 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Dont know where will be picking but I'll be rooting for as many "skill" position offensive players to go at the top of the draft as possible, cornerbacks for that matter too. Let a top offensive tackle fall to us or LB.
  9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,370 Messages
    637 Likes Received
    I just didn't want Bush going to San Francisco, or any NFC team for that matter, unless it was, miraculously, to the Cowboys. :D
  10. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope Houston gets the #1 pick since they are a Texas team and wish them to do well except of course when they play the Cowboys. Although that loss against them was very bitter
  11. jbsg02

jbsg02 Active Member

1,719 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They will get the first and someone will trade up a few spots to get Leinart or Bush. The Texans could get a very sweet deal, come away with the player they want (D'Brickasaw), and plenty of extra picks or players.
  12. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,793 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    You really don't want that Hos... it effects us...

I am in the minority as I don't see Leinart as a great NFL QB... so the Jets go #1...

They take Bush... Parcells will then eyeball C.Martin, setting our RB's back...

JMO with your scenario...