1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

10 days left...where's the gossip?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Dyluke, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Dyluke

Dyluke Member

442 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We are counting down the days here for draft time and it seems rather slow in the rumors department. Where is Gooses' top 100 and pre mocks to the morning of mock? I am really looking forward to Dogo and Hostils' final write ups. Give us poor guys some scoop :)
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,488 Messages
    851 Likes Received
    Goose isn't coming out w a top 100 this year
  3. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :signmast:
  4. poost

poost Active Member

711 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    This is very sad news. His pre draft mock was always the best.
  5. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I was kind of wondering the same thing lol. I remember last year being on here 24/7 reading draft stuff. It was great. Possible just not available this season.
  6. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,749 Messages
    704 Likes Received
    Yeah, but most of it was just rumor and guessing. And when we had someone who actually had some connections, people lit into them. That might be making people somewhat leary. Plus, if you look at the draft this year, there are 2-3 spots that are in locked in already, another 3-4 that are pretty well set, and then a whole group that could go anywhere from 7-25. I think that limits some of the chatter.

As for Goose, he does all of his mocks the week of the draft, with the last one being the day of the draft. He takes his connections very seriously, so he keeps what he hears/knows under wraps until right before the draft.
  7. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,900 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    Great question. Seems like constant re-hashing of old rumors and a lot of nothing....

I wouldn't be surprised if we trade down. Also look for us to pull the trigger really early on a player who should go a round or two later, as well as us picking up a player coming off a serious injury.
  8. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well... as I type this, there are at least 5 active threads in the last hour concerning some rumor, speculation, or opinion concerning the draft.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,855 Messages
    1,696 Likes Received
    Goose's top 100 was NOT a mock. IT was info he got from GMs and coaches and scouts and it was his compilation of all of that. It was how the bulk of the NFL saw that years draft class as regards players 1-100.

And it was usually pretty accurate. Especially the top 50. That I will miss.

His mocks were never that good.
  10. poost

poost Active Member

711 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    Well he had one mock right before the draft that was the most accurate mock every year.
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,488 Likes Received
    Goose will be on Norms show tomorrow. I am sure he'll have draft info.
  12. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,126 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    Seems like it's been slower this year simply due to our pick being more questionable. Everyone assumed Smith was going to be the pick last year and it wasn't exactly a secret. This year is harder to try and pin as we pick lower and picks #5 - #13 seem to be in flux.

We already know who we want, we just don't know if they will be sitting there at #14.
  13. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,681 Messages
    24 Likes Received

My understanding was his mock was the most accurate year after year. Beating everyone.