1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

10 Observations About The Cowboys

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by parcellsguys, Oct 17, 2005.

1. parcellsguys

parcellsguys New Member

190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1. Passing game is better than the running game, and it's not even a close call.

2. Defense is coming together, but they need to play better on broken plays and stay in coverage.

3. Sean Payton gets a grade B for his play calling considering he has to overcome so many silly penalties.

4. Demarcus Ware is getting better, but he gets tired and may need some breaks as the season wears on so he can be a force at the end of games.

5. Keyshawn Johnson will be a Hall Of Fame candidate some day.

6. Jerry Jones makes me nervous when he goes to the sideline.

7. This team has heart and they want to win for Coach Parcells. There are no more malcontents left on this roster.

8. Drew Bledsoe can make any throw look easy.

9. Roy Williams is a great playmaker, but he gets criticized because of such high expectations put on him by us fans. He's not Superman, plus he's only a fourth year player.

10. Every player on this current defense is a good tackler.

P.S. - I called that Brandon Jacobs goal line fumble on my pregame show yesterday morning which is still available to listen to, will be gone by tonight at 7pm cdt.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

10,896 Messages
    1,626 Likes Received
    Passing game will continue to be better than the Running game until JJ gets back.

The Giants had no respect for A-train. 2.2 yards a carry doesn't help his cause.
  3. Diehardcowboy

Diehardcowboy Member

38 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good points but I must take exception to #8. Bledsoe clearly has the arm to not underthrow anything, seemed to have an issue with the underthorwn ball yesterday.
  4. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Guy in his face will do that plus he couldn't take a step up to make the throw.
  5. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,392 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    A Train played fantastic if you ask me. Not getting hit in the end zone for a safety was a great play.
  6. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Well-Known Member

4,487 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Again on your #1...we have a solid pass protection with some experienced vets in Rivera, LA, and Flo...but they are not showing the ability to get into space and open up running lanes. This is a concern, but one I think we can be creative to make happen. I have no doubt this needs to be a pass team to open up the run as we are proving...with that said at the end of the game up by two scores they must open some lanes...
  7. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,603 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    Absolute truth !
  8. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,974 Messages
    2,736 Likes Received
    Good call. For those who haven't listened to it, Parcellsguys said Jacobs runs too upright, exposing the ball. He said Jacobs probably thought he was big enough to get away with it. And he said to watch for Jacobs in short-yardage or goal-line situations, that the Cowboys might be able to force him to fumble there.
  9. brucem78

brucem78 Benched

161 Messages
    0 Likes Received