1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: 105.3 - NFL Draft Show interview with Will McClay, the Asst Dir of Player Personnel...recap added

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

3,043 Messages
    162 Likes Received

I have my fingers crossed that Ben Bass will be able to stay healthy and start helping the team on the field in 2014.

Getting him and Tyrone Crawford back can be an enormous boost up front.

I'd like to bring in a low cost free agent who can (and should) replace Nick Hayden as the starter, but maybe Dallas can get Henry Melton (provided Rod Marinelli say giddy up!) at a discount rate instead.

I read today Chicago isn't going to use their Franchise tag.

Sounds good to me.
  2. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,788 Messages
    1,869 Likes Received
    I have no worries about Crawford and Bass. They got hurt early and word is they will be ready to go during OTAs

I think Crawford is going to end up starting, and im starting to think Jernigan is going to end up being drafted. Add Bass to a rotation at the 1 tech Dallas could use 1 or 2 more DT. A player like Easley would be great in this system providing he can be cleared by the DRs. I still think he is going to drop because he's not going to work out at the combine and proday. I also like a guy like Josh Mauro in the 5th or Ben Gardner in the 5th and 6th. These guys that are more 5tech guys who are quick off the snap are perfect fits for Marinelli as DTs. The have the ability to get up the field, and have them longer arms to get off them blocks and get that pressure inside.

Dallas isnt going to get Melton. There are plenty of teams who are going to be going after him. Would be a great pickup but i dont see it.
  3. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,868 Messages
    1,819 Likes Received
    If we are relying on Tyrone Crawford and Ben Bass as two of our starting linemen going into the season, we are in trouble.
    Common Sense and Floaty like this.
  4. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,788 Messages
    1,869 Likes Received
    not what i said at all.
  5. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    We need lots of hope.
  6. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,677 Messages
    4,947 Likes Received
    One is a "future Hall of Famer" and the other is the reason Hatcher is "not going to be around".

How are we in trouble again?

If anyone is in trouble, it is the rest of the NFL who has to brace for their onslaught.
    CyberB0b and fanfromvirginia like this.
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,766 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    Thats more like it. "Hope" is an effective strategic team building platform. Best GMing in decades going on right before our eyes.
  8. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,905 Messages
    1,010 Likes Received
    And prayer. Hope and prayer. :D
  9. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,077 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    That's an interesting point. People that have them or above them say they don't matter, but for everyone else, titles mean a whole lot. We could pay someone a 50k bonus and keep them at their title, or give them a 40k bonus and bump their title - many people will take the title because of what it means to the day-to-day going forward. Now if Jerry takes that 50k and makes it 100k, then you have another story.
  10. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,520 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Hell, they have to draft better in 1-7.