1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: 1053thefan:Brad Sham Recap Tuesday Morning

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jan 3, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Mickey, no, this season was not a failure for cowboys. I think a failure, one of 2 things, last yr was failure, personnel better by longshot then what they accomplished, got their coach fired, thats failure, goes 8-8 and doesnt make playoffs, i think this year was disappointing, and frustrating to see your good enough to have 2nd half leads but not good enough to hold them.

But i dont see how its a failure, when key players are in peak condition of career, and way they turned over their offensive line and yeah i dont see how that could be a failure. they layed ground work for future, chuck the world isnt black adn white and thats what main guy will say in 30 minutes (jerry), to me more than any team sport, it requires a full team doing right thing at right time, and if rest of team isnt doing what your qb isnt doing, all you can expect your qb to put yourself in position to win, but to bring your team to level of above what rest of team is.

Its your right if you think its a failure, but if you look at what they did with offensive line and i dont think a failure without offseason conditionning is appopriate paraphrasing, one thing i forgot iwth tanner, he signed with ufl team and guys like tanner, their drafted or not, you sign free agents then you have mini camp, and almost 2 months and you look at those free agents compared wtih your vets and you didnt get to see what you had.

Brad: in short term they need defensive side of the ball, and in my research last week, big pass plays will kill you, 20 yards or more, 4 pass plays of 20 or more in a game are a recipe for disaster, so lets see how many times they gave up, more than 20 yards, first 9 games 1 time, but 5 times in last u7 games, they gave up 5 or 6 in a game. so they had better do something about that, and rob ryan will have to tel you if they called defenses based on defenses injuries or players didnt really have paraphrasing, so first thing they have to look at contracts about to expire and replace those players on defense, and how many pressure players do they have and how many they have to cover, my guess is pretty hard to imagine bradie and brooking back, and if you dont resign spencer, you have to repladcde him, and on offense you have to make sure your OGs are, and if you dont resign martellus at TE you have to have replacement, so those are big head scrathers for me.
  2. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,897 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received
    yeah, leave it to this administration to re-sign 2 of the biggest under-achievers (spencer and 'tellus) to contracts and "lock them up" because if we dont, we'd have to "replace them"

news flash JJ, these guys need to be replaced
  3. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    How can a 7-4 record after Thanksgiving become 8-8,miss playoffs not be a failure?
    This season was riddled with failure.
    The week 1 choke job at NY Jets.
    The monumental choke job against Detroit.
    The Nightmare at Arizona Coaching street.
    The week 14 at home choke against the Giants.

Save the Arizona game,this team had double digit leads in the second half of games.
  4. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Agreed.
    Mediocrity should be easy to replace.
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,867 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    jerruh speak
  6. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    again, how many changes did the players make on offensive line?
    2 rookies and a 2 yr player, that in reality is rebuilding, now you have to do same thing on offensive line at OG and on defensive line, tony casillas just said so, that no defensive line besides ware and lee are untouchable, that jerry jones has to make players uncomfortable and not be like uncle tom to the players, just like when jimmy johnson made players uncomfortable and nate newton said i was scared in 92 that jimmy would fire or cut me at any time, some players on this team got comfortable again and you have to continue to shake it up or else you get complacent and you see the same ole thing over and over, poor performance, example miles austin, dropped 2 key passes, why?

remember what miles says in some games, i was sluggish, why sluggish your paid so much huge money and you go out and drop passes or sluggish?

alot more players are like this, just like first half you saw half effort from players, another way to put this, ware was double teamed, and when spencer did get through and flush the qb, where were our defensive linemen? no pressure no sacks, yet tony romo gets sacked 6 times and we just signed doug free to huge money yet he plays sluggish, and sloppy at times why, did free live up to his money? get my point?
  7. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,044 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    "Brad: in short term they need defensive side of the ball, and in my research last week, big pass plays will kill you, 20 yards or more, 4 pass plays of 20 or more in a game are a recipe for disaster, so lets see how many times they gave up, more than 20 yards, first 9 games 1 time, but 5 times in last u7 games, they gave up 5 or 6 in a game. so they had better do something about that"

This is the thing I noted. Didn't realize it was quite that bad. Ouch
  8. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let's see...

7-4 after Thanksgiving...

Poor tactical coaching decisions help lose three games...

The division is gifted to the Giants at home... Who is your daddy, by the way...

Yeah, 8-8 is just fine.

NOT!
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,691 Messages
    1,498 Likes Received
    :lmao: Isnt this guy on the Cowboy pay roll? If he had any credabity, it is gone.
  10. vaturkey

vaturkey Active Member

409 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Micky is a tool. Always has been. Never known him to be critical of Cowboys management. Maybe there's some under the counter pay going on or Jerruh bought him a pick up truck (with leather seats),:D