1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

#11 - 1st Round - Dallas Sackmaster Demarcus Ware, DE, Troy State

Discussion in 'Draft Day Zone' started by Hostile, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth Member

126 Messages
    0 Likes Received

You took the words right out of my mouth. I can't beleive we passed on DJ. I feel we had a good chance of getting Ware at 20. This guy better produce!!!
  2. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,557 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Mcnabb, and Eli look out, because Ware is coming.

This guy has an explosive first step, and the kid can run.

No more watching McNabb run around forever and launch 50 yard bombs on us on Monday Night!

Go get'em Demarcus!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Shotgun Dave

Shotgun Dave Active Member

1,399 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Y'know, the more I think about Detroit taking Williams the more shocked I am. They basically have 3 #1 WR's now. How are they supposed to get each one of those guys enough balls?

That is just SO strange.
  4. Waffle

Waffle Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah...that's exactly what I was thinking. With that said, I was never sold that Merriman was going to be that 11 pick. I really was expecting Spears here.
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,388 Messages
    2,277 Likes Received
    I like the pick... just a tad high but a better fit for our team than Merrriman.
  6. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    San Diego will jump on Spears w/o a doubt. They love the guy.
  7. MichaelWinicki

31,388 Messages
    2,277 Likes Received

I'm glad we didn't take Spears at 11.
  8. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

693 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Man, that just took the wind out of my sails ! What happened to no small school players ? It now depends on who we get at 20 as to if this will be sucsessful or not, by itself, I don't like the pick. It really seams like a reach here, and I thourght we wern't going to do that !
  9. NicholasD

NicholasD New Member

200 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How much do you know about Ware kiheikiwi?
  10. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    DOH!!.....guess not.

Spears to Dallas at #20?
  11. MichaelWinicki

31,388 Messages
    2,277 Likes Received

Goose had his as the 12th best player, Ourlads the 13th....
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,380 Messages
    1,867 Likes Received
    I was expecting Merriman in large part because I knew more about him than Ware, Parcells seemed to be very happy with the pick and I have complete confidence in his judgement. I think Dallas stays defense at 20 and by the way welcome to Dallas Mr. Ware
  13. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,088 Messages
    994 Likes Received
    This guy is a Freeney clone and is the best pure pass rusher we have drafted since Jones bought the team.

You want a pass rush, then this is your guy. He may not play the run well as he hasn't handled 300 pounds guys leaning on him but he is explosive and fast and will be trouble for QBs.

I think he ends up Defensive rookie of the year. Sacks are a sexy stat and he will get them as teams single him to cover up Ellis and Glover.
  14. Shotgun Dave

1,399 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Apparently not as much as they like Merriman. If he doesn't go to Dallas at 20, they may take Spears right after.
  15. kapolani

kapolani Well-Known Member

1,243 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I agree...

This opens up a whole new aggressive approach. Imagine having to deal WITH Glover and Ellis... This kid is gonna get his. I hope he lives up to his end of the deal.
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,380 Messages
    1,867 Likes Received
    Ware is an excellent edge rusher with outstanding speed and change-of-direction agility. He lacks the ideal frame you look for in an every-down end and could be limited to situational duties in the NFL because of his lack of bulk. However, if one should watch his battles against 344-pound tackle Nate Griffin (Marshall) and 330-pounder Andrew Whitworth (LSU) in 2004, you will see a player that compensates for a lack of size with a relentless motor and excellent lateral agility.
  17. Shotgun Dave

1,399 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    All I can say is that the excuses for Zimmer are drying up fast. This pick makes three major changes at positions of need on defense for Dallas: Henry, Ferguson, and now Ware.
  18. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,842 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    This is a solid pick. It was either him or Merriman and Ware is the better pass rusher of the two.

I can't complain. I also think we are set up quite nicely with our #20 pick coming up.

All in all, this has been a good day thus far.
  19. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,022 Messages
    407 Likes Received
    Take Pollack.......I'll pay his salary. There's something about this guy.
  20. jsond

jsond Member

712 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yea he sure did, dont know if he was playing to the camera but he looked like a very happy man when he turned the phone over to jerry. at any rate we need pass rushers and that is his forte so i will hope for the best.