1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

1660espn: Earl Campbell (For those interested)

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Dec 6, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,946 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received
    [youtube]3GoaYkqq_KA&feature[/youtube]

Tyler Rose
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,946 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received
    I once saw an interview with Cliff Harris and Charlie Waters and they were asked which guy was the hardest to tackle both at the same time said Earl and added it hurt to tackle him, Earl would inflict pain

Earl was unique a big strong back but track type speed. Truly one of a kind
  4. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I don't think I've ever seen a RB who carried the ball like that. Did he fumble much? That's usually the way a WR or a CB might hold the ball.

The other thing is that I've never seen a guy that thick who could make moves like that. On second thought, I don't know I've ever seen any non-NT who was that thick.
  5. aleator

aleator New Member

12 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Love it! Earl Campbell was in Beast Mode 24/7, long before most of us understood what that was. His playing days were slightly before my time, but the only modern player that possibly reminds me of him is Christian Okoye -- but Earl also had speed, moves, heart, and finesse. (ok, so they're really not very similar at all, other than the fact they both trucked a lot of defensive players)
    My mother recently crossed paths with him leaving a steakhouse is Texas -- all I will say is that Man literally left it all on the field.:bow:
    (yes, that is man with a capital M!)