1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: 1660espn:Jennifer Floyd Engel

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 5, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
  2. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,742 Messages
    411 Likes Received
  3. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,742 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    I'm sorry but I've tried. She has a face for radio and a voice for the school of the deaf. Her shrill made my sack shrink, no way some one can procreate with her, unless they are wearing a blind fold and ear muffs.
  4. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    sorry adbuther, some like her and others dont; so i try to post for all :)
  5. xpistofer

xpistofer Member

946 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I think this is remarkably cruel and unnecessary, especially for a moderator.
    You are better than that, dear sir.
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    What? Ad was being kind there.
  7. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,206 Likes Received
    We are not Moderators in threads. We're Cowboys fans with opinions just like anyone else. Why people expect us to be PC, opinionless, and saccharine is really confusing to me.
  8. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    glad you tried it for me...saves me the pain...a brave man to make such sacrifice:)
  9. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,960 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    :lmao: The mods around here without opinions and pc....:lmao2: He hasn't been here long.. PC is the cause for the downfall of an nation ,whether it be the us or the zone... Call it like it is ---If the line is crossed ,then the mods can bring out the ax
  10. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,742 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    I tried and this time I've learned my lesson. I am just so starved for Cowboy news that I almost scraped the equivalent of the bottom of the garbage can at Mickey Ds at the end of the night shift.

I know too harsh, stupid moderator. :)
  11. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,742 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Indeed. She use to be the nerdy yet intelligent lovable journalist. However, when the nerdy turns ugly on the inside in the guise of hate, it can only end one way. Ugly outside + ugly innards = ugmo.

Indeed and I am no choir boy. :D
  12. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,206 Likes Received
    Can't sing a lick huh?

Hey, I can relate. If the jukebox was on my back I still couldn't carry a tune.
  13. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,742 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Don't know why that made me laugh hysterically at work.:lmao2:
  14. xpistofer

xpistofer Member

946 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Wow. Of course I don't expect "PC, opinionless, or saccharine." I don't personally care for her schtick either, but when you speak against someone in such descriptively unkind ways, how are you being any different (better) than what you are accusing her of being?

I guess the internet has just emboldened us to be complete jerks. No longer are we even the least bit bit concerned that words can be hurtful.

Forgive me - not trying to whip you, I just expected better. I will lower my expectations.
  15. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,870 Messages
    1,687 Likes Received
    When you put yourself out there for the public to review, you should expect that not everyone will agree with your opinions and may chastise you for everything from your hair style to your taste in shoes.

Being "cruel" and "unkind" is when someone says nothing and is targeted for hatred or insults. As a sports writer, she presents an arrogant and condescending persona that will definitely make her a target for such comments. She absolutely knows and accepts this as part of her profession. If she had thin skin she would no longer be doing her job.

This is not a damsel in distress waiting for her valiant knight to come to her aid. This is a female sports writer that probably had to fight hard to get credibility and respect among her peers and I doubt she is looking for someone to defend her. That being said, in her effort to present herself as yet-another-sports-writer, she has succeeded and as such, reaps both the rewards and hatred worthy of such a profession.

#reality
  16. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,266 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    Almost two years ago, I sent here a PM that explained that I had nicknamed her 'training bra' due to her views presented previously. I, although, tacked this comment along with a compliment for a view of actual value and applications. She acknowledged that too few in her postion, actually had a sense of humor and that she appreciated my coming forward with at least an entertaining discussion. She was actually humble in her description and wasn't on edge in her response to my own 'humor.'

She actually came up in a tough professional 'neighborhood' and with some quirksome role models by her side. Sometimes, although, she is able to hit the mark of a commentator and in a sporting vein. But I'm not holding my breath in the meantime. But I do wish her good fortunes, when all is said and done by her in sports.
  17. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,038 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    I too thought he went easy on her. She is BEYOND annoying. Never interested in anything other that stirring stuff up.
  18. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  19. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,860 Messages
    1,706 Likes Received
    sad thing is that when she leaves the shtick alone she can write well.
  20. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,038 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    agreed