1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

1983 Boys vs Skins

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by NickZepp, Jul 11, 2012.

1. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,491 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    First game of the 83 season for both teams.

Washington lost 2 regular season games that year by a combined 2 points.

[youtube]L9jbIt_P2tU[/youtube]
  2. lane

lane The Chairman

10,546 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    you are the man...

thanks so much nick.
  3. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,068 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    great game to rewatch again. i remember staying up late before school that monday to watch the game and was so excited about the win i could not sleep after the game was over. also this team remined me about the 2007 cowboy team. different players but the seaon was the almost the same. had a great regular season in the first twelve games and then the team fell apart. 12-2 and then lost the last three games including the rams game which the cowboys were the much better team but the rams dominated the cowboys at home in the playoff game. then the rams get blown out by the redskins the following week which made me mad the whole time i was watching that game. i could not believe the cowboys let the rams on there home field beat them like that. the score was 24-17 but it seemed more then that in the end. weird how the rams beat the cowboys in landrys last two playoff games.
  4. E_DC

E_DC New Member

10 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Some of you may remember 1983 as the season the Redskins went back to the straight-feathered helmet logo. In 1982, some players wore the tucked-around feathers logo on their helmet while others opted for the straight-feathered version.