1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

1st Draft pick spot next year?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by supafly, Dec 31, 2012.

1. supafly

supafly Member

140 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    After finishing as high as the Cowboys could without making the playoffs, what spot is the first round draft pick next year? And what position should the Cowboys draft for?
  2. Word Mofo

Word Mofo Active Member

756 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    18th, I think?

OT,DT,OLB
  3. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,404 Messages
    50 Likes Received
  4. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Tiebreakers
    Strength of schedule for the previous season is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage. The team with the lowest strength of schedule percentage wins the tiebreaker and picks ahead of all other teams with the same record.
    • Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.
    • As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage.
  5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,450 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I would add safety to that list.
  6. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,522 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    CB can never have enough CBs and then we have to improve our special teams!!
  7. supafly

supafly Member

140 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good to know. At least there is one constructive, useful thread around here :) Any specific players the Cowboys should target?
  8. E_DC

E_DC New Member

10 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys have the #18 pick. If Dallas stays put at that slot, I think they should address the offensive line or safety in the first round. Offensive guard Chance Warmack from Alabama might still be around at 18.
  9. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,412 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    I agree with you but I think if we get oline in free agency, we go safety first round or vise versa, but those oline you mentioned would be great and safety I think Vacarro
  10. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,123 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    #18- the Bobby Carpenter slot!!!
  11. Word Mofo

Word Mofo Active Member

756 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    But we need, like, at least 3 new OL bodies. I agree, safety sucks right now but we just spent a 1st on a secondary player and I think Church and Mr Glass can hold it down for one more season.
  12. montgod

montgod Active Member

1,846 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Especially since we all know Jenkins will probably be gone.
  13. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Offensive Line....Offensive Line....Offensive Line....Offensive Line

The Cowboy organization and management are ******** if they do not address the offensive line in the draft -- free agency does not work.

They should probably draft at least 3 OL in the draft...50% hit rate normal....and preferably high round picks.
  14. CowboysFaninBaltimore

CowboysFaninBaltimore New Member

860 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How about we draft a QB! Considering ours is a headcase, and chokes under pressure. I don't give a **** about OL or OLB. WE NEED A new QB now.
  15. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Yep. And trade ours for a draft pick. Use the rest of draft to build trenches
  16. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ugh! I just threw up in my mouth! :puke:
  17. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,239 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Im ready to rebuild now. I can deal with a bad season if we're trying to change things up. But as long as Romo, Ware and Witten are our teams core we'll never bring a sb home.

Start now before these guys lose value. Come on Garrett get in Jerrys ear and bring him to the light.

Draft:
    offensive line
    outsids linebacker
    safety
  18. Houstonboy

Houstonboy New Member

10 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Draft best player available.. Everytime we draft for need we fail.. I would like to see the boys add to the trenches.. O-line or D-line.. If the BPA is a Reciever do it , Just make sure it is the best player on the board when the pick comes around..