1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

1st pick LT?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Doomsday, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,145 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Figures I finally get the first pick after 4 seasons of being 7th and 1 at 6th and Im not really sure I want it. Maybe Im just a nervous nellie but I have a really bad feeling about LT this year. Do I really have a choice but to take him in a 10 team ppr league? What do you guys think?
  2. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,388 Messages
    1,241 Likes Received
    I would take him - he NEVER gets hurt and Adrian Petersen is a secret no more........most leagues have LT going first - not all - but most. If it were me, I take him...........
  3. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I had the 1st pick in one of my leagues this year too.

I went with LT.

Nobody is a sure thing, but he's the closest thing.

I agree with you about the drafting order. The first pick overall isn't the best spot, especially given how long you have to wait for your second round pick.

In my second league I had the 2nd overall pick. LT went first, so I picked the hopeful Viking (all the while wondering if Brady wouldn't have been a better pick).

This year, I think the 3rd overall pick probably offers the most value ....
  4. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,145 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Thanks guys youre probably right, just take the best player and hope for the best.
  5. Sarge

20,388 Messages
    1,241 Likes Received

...or 4th............you got either Addai or Jackson fairly equal, then there is a drop-off. If I had my choice, I'd wanna go 4th.

I'm going 3rd outta 12 in my next league and have to make a choice outta Jackson or Addai............presumably.
  6. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sarge, I don't know which way you are leaning, but I like Addai over Jackson. I see Addai as a considerably safer pick.

Jackson's supporting cast is too mediocre for me to have as much confidence in Jackson's productivity.
  7. Sarge

20,388 Messages
    1,241 Likes Received
    I'm gonna have to look into it a little more. Indy has D. Rhodes back and I am not certain how much they are going to use him.

Frankly, it's a toss up. St. Louis OL is awful but Jackson gets the full load....it's a nice prblem to have to be honest...
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,923 Messages
    1,819 Likes Received
    Just a wild guess, but I'd say LT will be the #1 pick in 90% or more leagues this year.

Also, Addai > Jackson.

That is all.
  9. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,145 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    I would take Addai just cause he is on the better offense.
  10. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,024 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    I got Addai at 4 last year and 6 this year. My first 2 picks were exactly the same as last year (Romo in the 2nd). He was very good for me last year. I was fortunate to land AD in about the 9th round last year.
  11. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you don't want LT you can go either Westbrook or AP and shake up the draft completely and take Brady. Those are the only people I would take in that spot though.
  12. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My top 6: LT, Peterson, Westbrook, Addai, Jackson, Brady

After that there's a dropoff.
  13. Sarge

20,388 Messages
    1,241 Likes Received
    Westbrook is way too injury prone to go 2nd IMO/FWIW........
  14. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,145 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Initially I thought I would go with AD with the first pick but Im not too sure I could actually pull the trigger on that one. He hasnt played a full season in pros or college since 2004 and with Westbrook you are checking the IR every week to see if he is banged up.

As for Brady Ive really thought about that one but I think it would screw up the rest of my draft as it would be hard to get 2 good RBs in the 2nd and 5th rounds.

Lastnight I was thinking about just taking MBIII, no he probably doesnt have the upside of LT or AD but he will more then likely be a top 5 player and on the field every game.

I will probably end up toeing the line and taking LT even though my gut is saying dont take him.
  15. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He has played 15 games in each of the last 2 seasons. Peterson and Jackson are injury prone as well.