1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2 Center Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Biggems, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,781 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    C Mario Benavides - Louisville

Apparently he is a very good run blocker. For those that keep up with Louisville, how strong a run blocker is he? How is his pass blocking? How is he at calling the OL assignments?

C Joe Madsen - WVU

what is the skinny on this kid? WalterFootball has him as a 6-FA prospect. I know that WVU is lighting it up like no ones business.

However, I didn't pay too much attention to their OL in the Baylor and Texas games.

I want to know from those in the know, what this prospect brings to the table.
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,416 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    No I don't want to draft a center unless they are day one ready. Neither of these guys are. I only like Barrett Jones and I think will be a better LG than Center in the NFL.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,550 Messages
    1,415 Likes Received
    Braxston Cave/C/Notre Dame: The Irish controlled the line of scrimmage during their 38-point victory over Miami and Cave led the way. Notre Dame finished with 376 rushing yards, much of it running behind Cave. The senior is a blue-collar lineman who brings his lunch pail to work every day and gets the most from his ability. Cave won't blow scouts away with his athleticism, yet the ability to consistently play at a high level will be a draw.
  4. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,811 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    He's fairly mobile, too, which I like.