1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by windward, Dec 25, 2011.

1. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,811 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Not exactly a sterling start. Heat are rolling.
  2. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,439 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Age is showing. Laziness, not hustling back on D. We need a Center. Mahimi sucks and Haywood will not do. If this is the team we are rolling with the rest of the year, then we are doomed.
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Unless the Mavs get another center they'll be a first round exit just like they were before Chandler. I can't way to play them Bynum is gonna **** all over Haywood.
  4. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,126 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Mavs 0-1
    Lakers 0-1
  5. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,126 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I think Cuban is going to go ALL out to try to get DWILL and DWIGHT. He will be able to pull it off too with all the expirings,etc....DWILL wants to play at home as well.But obviously this team needs some gelling. I saw some positives. We went to the finals with Damp as our center so. Vince Carter scares me a bit,but Odom was a good pickup and West looks great.
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well let's see Dallas got demolished at home while the Lakers nearly beat 1 of the top teams in the NBA even though they were without Bynum. Yeah not that dissapointed actually a little encouraged.

They may get D-Will, but there's no way in hell they're getting Dwight unless Otis Smith is stupid enough to keep him all season.
  7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,857 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    I think the Mavs will round into form over the next week or two. They gotta get their old legs under them again. :)
  8. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lol people are making way too big of a deal of this game. I guess people forgot about last year already. The Mavs last by 30 to the Lakers and then beat them in the playoffs. So regular season doesn't mean ****. People gotta remember all these teams have had a good 6-8 months off they're not gonna look sharp early on.
  9. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    OMG if D-Will joins the mavs I will be rapturous. He's on my fantasy team and I'm not sure I can stand watching a Nets game. If he comes to Dallas, it would make watching Mavericks games that much more special for me...

But do yall really think he has a shot at joining? And what would Cuban hafta give up?
  10. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes.

1. He's from Dallas

2. Mavs have a bunch of expiring contracts that will create enough room to get 2 max free agents. I don't see them getting both Deron and Dwight because I don't think Orlando is stupid enough to keep Howard all season knowing he's gonna bolt in the offseason. Dallas doesn't have the necessary assets to acquire Howard via trade.
  11. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,565 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    definitely because they didn't look good at all. slow & sluggish.
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mavs getting their *** kicked again. :lmao2:
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,657 Messages
    2,031 Likes Received
    Have to say that I'm more than a little worried about the Mavs this year.
    They only have 11 practices all season, so I'm not sure how they plan to get this team to gel. Plus, teams this old don't repeat.

Hope I'm wrong, but that edge is missing and defensive intensity was what was different about last year. Attitude plus Chandler were big parts of that. I'm not so sure this group can match that.

The good news is that vet teams (see SA as an example in the past) know that you just have to make the playoffs in stride and not worried about your seed too much.

Guess we'll see.
    Go Mavs
  14. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,811 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Yikes. Blitzes two days in a row.

Oh well on to Toronto.
  15. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,774 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    No need to panic... this isn't the NFL... it's an 82 (normally) game season... not 16...
  16. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,691 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    66 game season this year....

Spurs 1-0
    N.O 1-0
    Memphis 0-1
    Houston 0-1
    Dallas 0-2

I like the way the season started....I hope this trend continues, though I know it will not.
  17. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,126 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    So is the Fakers :lmao2:
  18. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    FAIL. Spoke to soon. Can't make fun of the Mavs when your team just lost to the Queens.
  19. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,495 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    i think they do need to worry, they are getting POUNDED! there are very real issues that will probably derail any chance at repeating
  20. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    0-2? Love it! Lakers also 0-2? Love it even more.

SPURS are 1-0 baby!

:D