1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2011 mock draft rds 1-3 walter football

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Oct 20, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    at # 25 round 1
    Dallas Cowboys: Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina
    New free safety Alan Ball hasn't been a liability thus far, but he hasn't been anything special either. The Cowboys could stand to upgrade this position unless they want receivers like Kenny Britt burning them deep multiple times per game.

Pick change; previously DeAndre McDaniel, S

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_1.php

rd 2 at number 57

Dallas Cowboys: Matt Reynolds, OT, BYU
    If you don't think the Cowboys are going to address the offensive line in the 2011 NFL Draft, go back and re-watch Alex Barron choking Brian Orakpo. That play haunts Jerry Jones' dreams.

rd 3 at number 89
    Dallas Cowboys: Benjamin Ijalana, G, Villanova
    More help for Dallas' front line; Kyle Kosier will be a free agent this March.
  2. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hate Matt Reynolds with a passion. I think he'll turn out to be one of the most overrated players in the draft if he comes out.

Love Deunta and Ijalana.

We still need an ILB in a bad way.
  3. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,601 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Be patient Realist, they're coming......
    [IMG]
    [IMG]...in 2012.
  4. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,779 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Well Burflict certainly fits the Cowboys mold. He's an extremely talented player that commits dumb penalties at the worst possible time. Unless he shows significant improvement next year, no thanks on him.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,055 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    I'm leary of BYU players in general. Usually aged and over rated. Dont know anything about the Villanova guard.
  6. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've read that the ASU kid is a real knucklehead.

The ND kid is rediculous.

He might be the second coming of Junior Seau.
  7. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :hammer:

Couldn't agree more.

We've got one on our PS.

27 years old with no NFL regular season experience.
  8. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I tell you boys

I want Carimi playing RT next year for the boys

Player Comparison: Jeremy Trueblood: Trueblood and Carimi both have similar body types and are punishing run blockers.

I still like Josh Bynes as ISlber
  9. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,448 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    Can anyone give more info about this Deunta Williams guy. I saw something about character concerns. Who does he compare to? ANd is he better than NAte Allen?
  10. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    don't think hes as good as Nate Allen - but who knows

10/11/2010 - KEEP AN EYE ON: FS Deunta Williams, who was suspended for four games by the NCAA for receiving extra benefits, made his season debut against Clemson. He started and was credited with five tackles, including one for a loss. Along with SS Da'Norris Searcy, also suspended at the start of the year, the Tar Heels now have half their secondary back from last season. Still out are cornerbacks Charles Brown and Kendric Burney. QUOTE TO NOTE: "Sitting out makes you a little bit homesick so it was nice to get back into the groove of things. It took about three plays to get adjusted. After the first series, we had a three-and-out and then after that I was pretty good." - FS Deunta Williams, on his feelings in his first game back from suspension