1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2012 Mel Kiper Jr. Invitational Report Card...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,295 Messages
    6,250 Likes Received
    You made the most of your two picks, IMO. I gave you a 7. I probably should have given you an 8. I probably would have if you moved a little and added a pick.

But people see that short class and immediately determine it a failure.
  2. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,830 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Just thought it would be a good time to go back and look at the draft we participated in during draft season. Here are some stats for the guys I picked for STL.

Justin Blackmon-
    64 rec, 865 yds, 13.5 avg, 5 tds

Zach Brown-
    93 tckl, 5.5 sck, 1 ff, 3 int

David Wilson-
    71 car, 351 yds, 5.0 avg, 4 tds

Senio Kelemete-
    Not really sure whats going on with this guy. Hard to evaluate lineman on teams you never watch.

Cliff Harris- what was i thinking...?

Kheeston Randall-
    8 tckl

In the end I really liked the top of my draft. I think that Blackmon, Brown, and Wilson are going to be stars in the nfl. The later round guys we really won't know for a few years.
  3. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Tampa Bay Bucs

Claiborne looks to be a great CB in the league

Zeitler has been one of the better rookie OL

Sean Spence destroyed his knee in preseason so he is a bust ala Matt Johnson:banghead:
  4. garrett316

garrett316 Well-Known Member

2,462 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Hey, I had a great time doing this, even if everyone panned my Seahawks selections. I even made a trade to get the great Nick Foles.

Melvin Ingram, Foles, and Josh Norman will all be in the pro bowl by 2014. :laugh2:
  5. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I hope we do this again. IMO, the Chiefs still had the best draft. Coples and Osemele panned out, Ta'amu got drunk, not sure what happened with McNutt.
  6. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,900 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    I would want to, but why not do it early april? late february is what, right after the combine, before most pro days right?
  7. Risen Star

20,295 Messages
    6,250 Likes Received
    That's why it's done in February before the combine workouts. Makes it more of a challenge. You see bigger steals and reaches.
  8. Risen Star

20,295 Messages
    6,250 Likes Received
    I think I got some good first year production out of my class. Not that I think that's the objective.

I don't need to sell Richardson. He's a beast. I think he's a top 5 RB in the league next year.

Reyes really came on late with the Chargers when he got an opportunity to start. 5.5 sacks from the interior as mainly a rotation rookie is promising.

Osweiler sat and watched Peyton Manning. I didn't expect him to do a thing this year. Certainly not once he went to Denver. The jury will be out on that pick for a few years yet. He couldn't ask for a better mentor. Watch and learn from the master.

Trumaine Johnson started a few games, including the last two which may be a sign he's rising on the depth chart. Had a couple of picks.

Mitchell Schwartz started all 16 games for the Browns at RT and played pretty well all things considered. I never viewed him as a guy who has tremendous upside but he was solid and NFL ready. So I was right on that one.
  9. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,000 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    1) Cincinnati Bengals (JonJon)

1(21) Janoris Jenkins CB Northern Alabama 74 tackles 4 ints 3 retTD 4 TD given up
    2(46) Doug Martin RB Boise St. 319 rushes 1454 yards 4.6 avg 11 TD
    2(51) Amini Silatolu G Midwestern St. started 15 games before going on IR with wrist injury
    2(53) Coby Fleener TE Stanford 26 rec 281 yards 2 TD
    4(99) Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma 4 tackles
    4(116) Aaron Henry S Wisconsin No stats
    Added 2013 4th Round Pick (Philadelphia)

The first two picks were golden. Silatolu had a rough season, but he started all but 1 game. Fleener didn't live up to my expectations, but he came on strong later in the season. Lewis and Henry didn't get much playing time all season.
  10. Sifillest

Sifillest Member

474 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    this was a great way to spend a working day. I'm trying to glean all of the knowledge possible in preparation for the upcoming mock draft.