1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

2012 Mock Draft v1.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheFinisher, Sep 24, 2011.

1. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,604 Messages
    751 Likes Received
    Mock Version 1.0

Round 1- David Decastro OG Stanford

[IMG]

Dallas had to make an emergency signing early in the season with journeyman Derrick Dockery because the Guard position has not panned out like they hoped. David Arkin is still a project at this point and will need a few more years of off-season training before he is ready to contribute, while Bill Nagy garnered early hype but is far from a longterm solution. Decastro is very close to being an Elite Guard prospect and will be ready to step in from day 1 to help ignite the running game. Kyle Kosier is not getting any younger either.

Round 2- Cliff Harris CB Oregon

[IMG]

I have a gut feeling that Cliff Harris will be a Cowboy. Early on he was my first round pick but because of the suspension and his lack of ideal height, coupled with a deep Corner class at the top, Harris could very well fall to the 2nd round. He's an explosive kick returner with playmaking ability on defense, something we can use more of in our secondary.

Round 3- Devon Still DE Penn St.

[IMG]

This guy is quickly becoming one of my favorite prospects in this class, and may very well rise his stock to the point where we can only wish about getting him in the 3rd. Still was all over the place against Alabama in week 2 and has an impressive combination of size (6-5 311) and quickness for a big man.

Round 4- Aaron Henry S Wisconsin

[IMG]

A converted Corner who has become a leader in Wisconsin's secondary. He has some legit playmaking ability and we need some young blood to develop at the Safety position.

Round 5- Jarrett Boykin

[IMG]

Sorry Jess Holley, but I just don't think you'll ever be an NFL caliber receiver. Our lack of depth at the WR position has come to light this week as we get an idea of what life looks like without Miles and Dez. We need someone who can be a formidable option on the outside if one of them goes down in the future. Boykin is big and physical at 6-2 215 and my favorite mid round receiver prospect.
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    I could live with that draft but only if we are picking late in the 1st. Mock drafts right now are pointless.

Love the Decastro pick