1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2012 New Era NFL draft hat collection

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Muhast, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,404 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    So these will be released April 1st, and will be the draft hat collection and the first chance to get your hands on a New Era NFL hat. I can't find the Cowboys for some reason. So I will post the Bills( just happened to be the pictures on New Era's website). They look the same for every team. I know people are excited about Nike/New Era taking over the NFL contracts, so here is what i found.

[IMG]

The first one is a traditional fitted hats(aka 5950 style). The second is a new era Snap back(adjustable) hat. The third is a stretch fit (Aka 3930 style).

Every team has the logo in the background with the city arched over it. They also have a white front pannel version for every team(the middle picture, its a snap back)

These hats go on sale April 1st. Love them, hate them, doesn't matter to me, just passing this along for those interested.

And keep in mind April 3rd, is when Nike debuts all of the new NFL jerseys.
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,383 Messages
    1,720 Likes Received
    I'd love to get my hands on a 3930 Cowboys hat, as long as they make one that's plain with just the star on front.

I still want one like Jason Garrett wears at press conferences.
  3. Tractor1

Tractor1 Member

188 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I think they'd look better with the city name understated and the team logo emphasized.
  4. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,404 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    I agree. I think most people prefer a basic team logo hat as it is. If you want the city dont put it directly over the logo
  5. Luckenbach

Luckenbach Member

91 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It doesn't seem like there will be a Dallas Cowboys version.

https://www.facebook.com/neweracaps?sk=app_197936773558886

This facebook page for the 'new era' hats shows a preview of every single team except the Dallas Cowboys.

This is most likely due to the Dallas Cowboys being much more involved in their brand and logo manufacturing than most teams.

http://adage.com/article/news/licensing-dallas-cowboys-market-distribute-merchandise/51722/

This article showed the same thing in respect to the Reebok contract.

I assume the same provision was in the Hat deal, and that the Dallas Cowboys will continue to put out their own hats with their own design and keep their ability to pick a manufacturer, so most likely little will change with the Cowboys merchandise, at least not due to the new contracts.

The biggest change is probably the uniforms, as the Cowboys had a fire sale for their leftovers, I myself got a 20$ replica 88 Bryant Jersey to simply play football in...

The rest is still closely managed by Jerry Jones Jr., and IF there is a 'new era' Dallas Cowboys hat, it will be one that is specifically approved by the Jones family.

I myself would like the 39Thirty, but I think the generic wool hats with the Star on it aren't going anywhere... hopefully there is a place for both kinds. Not sure if 'new era' is okay with the very teams it supplies becoming a competitor.
  6. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,404 Messages
    102 Likes Received

Even though the Cowboys hold their own licensing rights, they had hats made by the same company as everyone else in the league (Mitchell and Ness and Reebok). So although they aren't listed, I am pretty sure Dallas will have the same hat. I will check with my New Era rep this week and find out though.
  7. Luckenbach

Luckenbach Member

91 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope so, like I said I would like the 39Thirty, however with a lot of the generic type items that are basically the same for each team, the Cowboys seem to be left out. This seems to fit that category.
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    The third one is ok but the first two :puke:
  9. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,449 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    I can't wait to pick up some new Nike cowboy jerseys. I'm still on the fence about these new era draft hats. Just not for me
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,797 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    I'm actually shocked the NFL will let the new jerseys out on the 3rd of April.

I thought for sure they would hold them and then release them on draft day as each team picks a player.
  11. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,404 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    I doubt they will go on sale until after the draft. They may not show every team either.
  12. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,449 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    I called cowboys shop and they said the middle of April they will put out a bunch of Nike jerseys and get a full shipment in july
  13. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,404 Messages
    102 Likes Received

Yea, that is what everyone is doing. They are debuting the jerseys April 3rd.

The Hats will be in store April 1st. We actually got New Era display fixtures and sign packages to prep for it today.
  14. mickswag

mickswag Member

189 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Any updates on whether there will be any Dallas New Era Caps when they release?